Installing from git

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
zanacan

Installing from git

Post by zanacan »

Hey I downloaded the master zip file from the repository but I cannot find the daggerfall unity.exe file. Is there something I'm missing?

Ralzar

Re: Installing from git

Post by Ralzar »

From here?
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity/releases
Did you make sure to download one of the builds for your OS? Not the source code?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there welcome to the forums. :)

Build downloads are under Assets in release post. From link below, scroll down and expand Assets, then download build for your platform.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... .13.2-beta

The master zip is project source code, it's not required to play game.

Just in case they're needed, here are steps to install DFU using recommended method with DaggerfallGameFiles zip.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

Good luck getting started! Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any troubles installing for first time.

zanacan

Post by zanacan »

Thanks was confused navigating the git announcements I guess? I see the asset tab under the release announcement, so I was getting the source code. Thanks for the assist!

For future references for anyone new to GitHub:
After you click code on the top left of the site, if you weren't sent to releases at the beginning, on the right side of the site, and just under about, is releases. After you click releases, you will get a board of changes, and to get the files you need, it's under the post in an asset tab. It will have files for various OSs. Hopefully, git doesn't change too much.