Dungeon fog - green and annoying [0.12.3]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Kaelis

Dungeon fog - green and annoying [0.12.3]

Post by Kaelis »

Maybe this is already not a thing in the newest beta, I avoided it for mod compatibility, DREAM thus far seems to not be compatible. But maybe I should try and move to the beta if this is resolved. I looked everywhere on these forums and the internet, so it almost seems that no one else has this going on.

I have terrible fog in dungeons, including a screenshot. I have tried to see if I can just increase view distance, but it may just be the fog engine doing this.

https://ibb.co/2qQBJcN

No idea if this is fixable but I see screenshots with nice clean dungeons. Thanks for this port over to unity. I don't want to come across as ungrateful, is a wonderful project. I am enjoying Daggerfall Unity immensely I am just trying to maximize graphics and have been updating as I can.

Interkarma

Re: Dungeon fog - green and annoying [0.12.3]

Post by Interkarma »

Dungeons have no fog in base game, other than underwater (which is blue in 0.12). This looks like something added by a mod (Better Ambience maybe?).

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

yeah I do have that......will remove. Thank you. Let me see.

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

This fixed it obviously thanks. I dunno why we'd ever want to mod in glowy green fog. Its looking good now, I have a interesting reshade.ini I worked on it might be good for anyone wanting a more authentic lighting for the 0.12.3 version. I was using dream reshade but it did not do a whole lot. So I made my own.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Less is usually more in terms of reshade.

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Depends on Reshade. I get what you mean but some of the Reshades I had really did nothing much. I could press the END key to toggle it on and off and I was never sure if I had it turned on. That seems pointless. The danger with reshade is that it can look great in the one environment or time of day you adjust it for but bad in other situations. So you have to strike that balance between looking good for most all the time versus only in a certain time of day.

I put mine up if anyone wants to try it. You can definitely see a difference when you toggle it on my .ini.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Agreed. My reshade is about reasonable shsrpening and eye adaptation. Game does not need much more than that in my personal opinion. Will take a look ofc 😊