retro mode in combination with large HUD is broken

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Nystul

retro mode in combination with large HUD is broken

Post by Nystul »

retro mode in combination with LargeHUD is broken in current development branch:
if you switch to large HUD mode and then set retro mode, all geometry is gone.

another thing:
Also switching between fullscreen and HUD mode with vanilla sky leads to strange results in my opinion, the sky is kept in place, but all geometry jumps to an offset position. This feels a bit like an imersion break to me. I would have expected that both geometry as well as sky would jump vertically

Interkarma

Re: retro mode in combination with large HUD is broken

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:38 pm retro mode in combination with LargeHUD is broken in current development branch:
This all works OK in base game (as far as I can tell). I'm only able to reproduce this when Distant Terrain is installed. Runtime resolution and HUD switching will also need to be added to this mod.

If you remove Distant Terrain from project/build (or deactivate in launcher), this should resolve so you can work on each mod in isolation. Just hit me up in PM if any help needed. :)

And let me know if you can make it happen without any mods active. Perhaps there's a specific sequence of changes needed to trigger it.

Nystul wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:38 pm Also switching between fullscreen and HUD mode with vanilla sky leads to strange results in my opinion, the sky is kept in place, but all geometry jumps to an offset position. This feels a bit like an imersion break to me. I would have expected that both geometry as well as sky would jump vertically
Thanks for spot. Sky camera sometimes isn't adjusting viewport area when large HUD is enabled. I'll look into this for next release. Edit: I've applied a fix so that default sky viewport will automatically follow main camera viewport.

Nystul

Re: retro mode in combination with large HUD is broken

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:38 pm
Nystul wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:38 pm retro mode in combination with LargeHUD is broken in current development branch:
This all works OK in base game (as far as I can tell). I'm only able to reproduce this when Distant Terrain is installed. Runtime resolution and HUD switching will also need to be added to this mod.

If you remove Distant Terrain from project/build (or deactivate in launcher), this should resolve so you can work on each mod in isolation. Just hit me up in PM if any help needed. :)

And let me know if you can make it happen without any mods active. Perhaps there's a specific sequence of changes needed to trigger it.
I thought deactivating the mods in the mod list would be enough. Will need to test it without anything (even without deactivated virtual mods) - will report back to you ;)