March Builds – Faster Terrain, New Spells, Bug Fixes, QoL Improvements

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Re: March Builds – Faster Terrain, New Spells, Bug Fixes, QoL Improvements

Post by Interkarma »

BTW, let me know if you'd like me to credit you differently in updates. I usually credit you as "Pango" in updates and Tweets as that's probably the name most people will be familiar with from forums.

pango

Post by pango »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:12 am BTW, let me know if you'd like me to credit you differently in updates. I usually credit you as "Pango" in updates and Tweets as that's probably the name most people will be familiar with from forums.
Yes, that's the nickname I used everywhere for this project (except GitHub and Twitter since I already had accounts there), so "Pango" is what I expected, thanks :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yes, Pango (if that is your real name :lol: ), I noticed many more great QoL improvements from you this round (highlighting newly advanced skills, better messages, spellbook/shop/other fixes and player feedback enhancements, etc.). I always love to see these incremental changes that are already making the DFU experience so much better than classic.

And Interkarma, it looks like several of the items in the just-updated roadmap for version 0.9 are actually already done or will be done by the end of 0.7 (vampirism, advantage/disadvantage effects, artifact effects, etc.). I'm incredibly impressed that we're looking at hitting alpha maybe even in the summer. Kudos to you and all contributors once more for the great work all around!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hey at last the parallel terrain gen is out in the wild! Great, hope people can tell the difference after that marathon amount of work.. :D

Oh, and I am still alive just not really feeling able to concentrate on much at the moment... various things in my life are worrying me enough that all I can do is lose myself in playing games right now.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods