Get Ready For Diseases

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Get Ready For Diseases

Post by Interkarma »

My latest blog update creates a day in the life of your average adventurer as he completes a quest, catches a disease, and finds a cure.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/get-ready-for-diseases/

This image-heavy update is a break from my usual technical-styled articles, and an attempt to show just how far gameplay has come in Daggerfall Unity by telling a story a instead.

I hope you enjoy it!

Nystul

Re: Get Ready For Diseases

Post by Nystul »

just AWESOME

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Perfect, this adds back another layer of depth into the game, thanks guys, great job!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Great blog entry, but only happy path? Where was the death from disease chilling the spine of the readers? haha ;)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Haha a missed opportunity. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've got to say this: I'm genuinely excited to play DFU now. I've been waiting to get to this point, where the game really holds its own against everything else on my computer.

I'm in a dungeon using the Privateer's Hold block. At the top of the grand staircase, I hear an arrow being shot at me. Looking around, I find a Warrior at the top of one of the two upper staircases. I rush over and fight him before I end up dead. While I'm up there, a bat floats over and tries to disease me. I fight it off and get ready to look in the adjoining rooms. Then I climb right up the wall and head into the upper section.

The combat is excellent. The movement speed is perfect. The sound font is genuine. I now have Levitation, Damage, and Heal spells to take care of basic emergencies. I am legitimately excited about what's coming soon to my character, because even I have no idea what the game could throw at me.

This is brilliant, and I wish everyone waiting off the forums could get started. This is no longer a game in waiting! This is a game! :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yay! Thank you for posting that Jay. It gives me a lot of joy just to hear about people having these kinds of experiences with the game finally. :)