January Builds – Vampirism, Spell Icons, More Magic Stuff, New Quest Actions, and More!

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

January Builds – Vampirism, Spell Icons, More Magic Stuff, New Quest Actions, and More!

Post by Interkarma »

New live builds for January are now available! Check out the article below for changes.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/january-buil ... -and-more/

Jukic

Re: January Builds – Vampirism, Spell Icons, More Magic Stuff, New Quest Actions, and More!

Post by Jukic »

@Interkarma and all community:

Wonderful writeup and what a progress ! :o Thanks to all !

pango

Re: January Builds – Vampirism, Spell Icons, More Magic Stuff, New Quest Actions, and More!

Post by pango »

Release version 0.7.32 or 0.7.3? I'm confused
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's 0.7.32. What's to be confused about? :)

Its just the weird way I count patches internally. I used to increment the patch version by each change made by one of my commits or a PR. But we're active almost every day now, so I just collapse all the changes in a single day down to a single patch increment. Internally we would have passed 0.7.3 sometime around December 21, but that version was never released to cloud build. I'm open to changing this from 0.8 if you like. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Big thumbs up for the smaller dungeons. It's both odd and a big relief to find the quest target within the first 20 minutes of entering :lol: I very much like not having to dig through 5-6 dungeon blocks to find the thing I need. This is great.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

What would be the quickest way to become a Vampire? The console command DISEASEPLAYER VAMPIRE contracts me with the condition, but after sleeping for over a week at an Inn - the disease does not progress.

If the command somehow doesn't work; is there a way to limit the time to find a Vampire in the wild? Something like particular areas for dungeons, or quests to pursue.

Thank you to those involved with this update, and for any help in relation to the above.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Console command "diseaseplayer vampire" is the quickest way to do this. I'm not aware of with any problems with deploying vampirism at this time. Could you please attach a zipped copy of your save where you've infected your character with vampirism, and I'll take a closer look in the debugger to see what's going wrong. :)

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Thank you very much for taking your time in checking this. I've attached the latest save for the character referenced. The character was made today with the latest version of DF Unity available.

Log:
Character was created.
Accepted Main Quest.
Denied Tutorial option.
Used command trans_out to leave Privateer's Hold.
Fast Travelled to Gothway Garden.
Purchased roughly a week of a room.
Used command diseaseplayer vampire on character.
Slept for about a week.
Also leveled up from Medical skill usage during sleep shortly before this save.
Attachments
SAVE22.zip
Character infected via "diseaseplayer vampire." Character has slept roughly a week with no progression of disease.
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I haven't checked save yet (still at work), but if character is still level 1 then they are hard immune to disease. You won't be able to get infected until level 2.

Hope that helps!

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Really!? I apologize, I had no idea about that.

The character succumbed to vampirism like a charm after hitting level 2. The command was the source. Sorry about the misunderstanding, and thanks again for the input [AND THE GAME!]