Daggerfall Unity 0.10.4 Release

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.10.4 Release

Post by Interkarma »

Live Builds for Daggerfall Unity 0.10.4 are now available. This is primarily a bug-fix release.

Note: This release fixes a bug where maximum health can become permanently reduced after level-up. If you have an affected save, use console command reroll_maxhealth to generate a new maximum health value within the correct range for your level and attributes. As some randomness is involved, your new maximum health may be slightly lower or higher than the before you were affected by bug. You can keep rolling until you get a value you're happy with.

• Add loiter limit to settings.ini (Hazelnut)
  • Added console command "reroll_maxhealth" for characters affected by maximum health bug (Interkarma)
  • Added FormulaHelper.specialInfectionChance static field so mods can change (Interkarma)
  • Mod loader cleanup, fix long mod descriptions (TheLacus)
  • Imported static NPCs now get StaticNPC component (TheLacus)
  • Fix book replacement exception (TheLacus)
  • Fix witches coven quest dispensing not using correct reputation value (Hazelnut)
  • Fix exception in Use Magic Item UI for custom items (Hazelnut)
  • Fix to stop normal shops buying magic items (Hazelnut)
  • Fix ingredients check to look in wagon (Hazelnut)
  • Fix %loc macro unhandled in castles (Ferital)
  • Fixes for building discovery issue affecting Thieves Guild / Dark Brotherhood not showing on map and other issues (Nystul)
  • Fix dungeon map marker becoming physical (Nystul)
  • Fix Wagon being accessible when not actually near exit (Pango)
  • Fix for player not being grounded after fast-travel (Pango)
  • Fix for looping ambient audio volume (Pango)
  • Fix modifications on final stage of character creation not being saved (Pango)
  • Fix region name not being displayed correctly when opened from logbook (Pango)
  • Fix perfect immunity sometimes failing, e.g. a High Elf without Critical Weakness still becoming paralyzed (Interkarma)
  • Fix CastSpellDo check resulting in spell triggers not firing correctly (Interkarma)
  • Fix maximum health being permanently reduced by level-up while max health temporarily reduced (Interkarma)
  • Fix quest givers showing same quest offer several times in a row due to bad random seed (Interkarma)
  • Fix stale SiteLink terminating quest startup (Interkarma)
  • Fix issue where player can be infected by disease/poison from enemies fighting each other (Interkarma)
  • Fix for town layout corruption with DREAM Sounds mod installed but disabled (Interkarma)
  • Slightly increase distance from door after interior transition to help prevent being stuck in building shell (Interkarma)

Orbarth

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.4 Release

Post by Orbarth »

thanks for all the good work !

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Yay! Thanks for all of that! Was waiting for the discovery fixes :D

Now it's time to assassinate people again! :D
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I noticed 1st blog entry is from april 2009.. so it took 10 years and 2 months to hit alpha since than. Awesome dedication Oo !

Thanks for update :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Oh man, it's a bit sad how long I've had this Daggerfall obsession. :(

First Workshop site was on a Geocities or Yahoo free hosting account back in 2001. I then became part of the long-gone m0use dot net page in 2002, along with a much earlier UESP. Here's the oldest cache of my site I've been able to find.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020605133 ... nterkarma/

After m0use, I self-hosted for a while using a server at home. Then I was briefly on the awesome, and now also defunct, svatopluk dot com around 2003... I think?

Then I shut down the Workshop for a few years and eventually re-opened up the current incarnation to keep working on exploring tools.

Daggerfall Unity itself started officially on August 13 2015. Here is the announcement from that day.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/remastering-daggerfall/

Feels more like 100 years ago reading it now. :lol:

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Wow, 4 years ago to the day was DFU's birthday, but you've been picking away at this for 18 years total... now that, sir, is dedication!

(insert hats-off emoji here)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 pm Oh man, it's a bit sad how long I've had this Daggerfall obsession. :(

First Workshop site was on a Geocities or Yahoo free hosting account back in 2001. I then became part of the long-gone m0use dot net page in 2002, along with a much earlier UESP. Here's the oldest cache of my site I've been able to find.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020605133 ... nterkarma/

After m0use, I self-hosted for a while using a server at home. Then I was briefly on the awesome, and now also defunct, svatopluk dot com around 2003... I think?

Then I shut down the Workshop for a few years and eventually re-opened up the current incarnation to keep working on exploring tools.

Daggerfall Unity itself started officially on August 13 2015. Here is the announcement from that day.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/remastering-daggerfall/

Feels more like 100 years ago reading it now. :lol:
I know what u mean Interkarma.. is it a obsession or passion tho.. also, its nice to be interrested in something. Thats maybe our purpose here, if there is any. And you crowned that with a achievement at the end. Thats awesome!!!!! Nobody was able to do what you did, and nobody will repeat what you did. So you achieved something extraordinary on a planetary scale. Thats the truth.

U know, ppl get obsessed with all kinds of things. Girl they cant get. Alcohol. Drugs. Religion. Cars. Overeating. Playing video games. Sex. Excessive spending.

It all above has one common denominator - its selfish. Its just satisfying only them...

But you made a huge amount of ppl happy. And this will live on. More and more ppl will come and have great time with DFU. And yoz fullfilled a dream of many, including me, to have this great game updated and preserved for future. In a open format for anyone to contribute.

Thats something alse mate!

Thank you!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you KoW and Mike. :)

pango

Post by pango »

Many projects of similar scope and ambitions have failed, this is no small feat!
And future looks exciting too :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I remember a guy at an SF convention describing his take on Daggerfall "Like a lake a thousand miles wide and an inch deep." But I always thought 'man there is so much potential there'.

Daggerfall always felt rushed. Today you expect years to go by between releases but not back then. The next release (which did take years), Morrowind was a let down for me. It was so small. Fast travel was not a necessity but a sort of luxury. The idea of me exploring every part of the Ililac was like me exploring every part of Texas. For others like exploring every part of Australia. Not so for Morrowind. You were expected to explore everything.

As it turns out it's much easier to take a game like Daggerfall and make it more like Morrowind than the reverse. Farms in Morrowind could never be what farms in some future Daggerfall might be. This is the problem of the constrained vision. Morrowind was the first TES game to scale the world to fit the ability of the developers to craft it. Even Redguard had been set on Stros M'Kai and was 1:1.

OpenMW attracted my attention because well I always said to myself 'what if they could scale all of this up?' and my attraction to the tamriel rebuilt project. While following this I asked myself if maybe someone was doing the same thing with Daggerfall. Here I am. I have not seriously looked at OpenMW since.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.