Welcome To The Forums!

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Welcome To The Forums!

Post by Interkarma »

I would like to take a moment to extend a hearty welcome to everyone. It has been a long time since Daggerfall Workshop had forums, and longer still since we had the population to fill them. So whether you are a returning veteran from the early days or registering for the first time, I am excited to have you here. Welcome!

Feel free to post an introduction for yourself in the comments here, or in the Community Discussion forum.

pop123321pop

Re: Welcome To The Forums!

Post by pop123321pop »

Excited for this stuff Interkarma! I didn't start playing Daggerfall when it came out, when it was first released free it caught my attention and I fell in love. I also remember finding your website some time after that when you where working on different mods for extracting content, I remember you posted you where leaving DFworkshop for family stuff, so glad you found the time to get back into this Interkarma, keep being awesome man.

Lord Berandas

Post by Lord Berandas »

Hello world!
Can't wait to see all the cool stuff you are going to create. :-)

SGMonkey

Post by SGMonkey »

Bro! Can I please administer your forums! :P

I host the Project Tamriel forums (http://www.project-tamriel.com) as I mentioned to you before on LypyL's multiplayer version.
Currently working on switching to phpbb 3.1 (http://update.project-tamriel.com)

3.1 is leaps and bounds ahead of the old version.

All I'm saying is I'd be more than happy to volunteer to help out with the forum side of things so you can focus more on the Daggerfall Tools.

Let me know!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hi SGMonkey. Thank you for the kind offer. I don't need any help with the admin side right now, but you still might be able to help with advice.

I was planning to migrate to 3.1 once the phpbb styles database was a bit more fleshed out, as the number of available styles were really lacking for 3.1 (especially in the dark styles category). It was very important to me that I use this style for nostalgia purposes, as it's very close to the original black and gold Workshop forums from way back.

What are your plans to handle the smaller number of 3.1-compatible styles? Are you going to roll your own, update the existing style to function, or settle on one of the available 3.1 styles?

SGMonkey

Post by SGMonkey »

On the Project Tamriel site, on my update/test site. I am working on my own style for the main board. Then the individual projects will be using existing ones.

Here is the current WIP for the main style. Still very early, only really spent two evenings on it so far.
http://update.project-tamriel.com/index.php?style=21

The SHotN section however, uses Arty's dark style which has been re-written for 3.1
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2304171
As you can see its near enough done, if not complete already.
You can see I'm using it on my board here
http://update.project-tamriel.com/index.php?style=18

Just FYI. Updating to 3.1 is really easy.

Mur_Zik

Question(s) regarding DF modding

Post by Mur_Zik »

Hi.
Sorry if placing this in wrong theme, and also for my English.
Is there any way(and tool) for editing NPCs' animations?

Freeman

Post by Freeman »

Hi all,

Never good at introductions. Coder by day for a company, build games in my free time for fun. Was working at Software Etc. back when Daggerfall first came out, and loved it since then. The thought of being able to get back into it, improve it, and really control it all was never something that had ever crossed my minds. Looking forward to playing with the tools and, hopefully, contributing to the community as well.

FlinchCat

Post by FlinchCat »

Hello. I've been playing loads of this game lately, saw this, and it looked AMAZING, so I knew I had to register.
Don't think I'll be able to contribute much. I'm learning Python, though.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums FlinchCat! :) There are a few people here whose first exposure to Unity came through DFTFU and they're doing some incredible stuff now. Even if you are a total beginner, you can probably find something fun to experiment with. Feedback and encouragement is also contribution enough.

If you haven't already, take a look at the tutorials. I recommend waiting for the 1.3 update before getting stuck in however. There are lots of improvements and changes coming in this version, as well as deeper Unity 5 compatibility and updated tutorials. Lots for me to do. :D