Daggerfall Unity 0.10.15

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.10.15

Post by Interkarma »

0.10.15 has been posted to Live Builds. This release delivers bug fixes and some refinements to modding system.

General Fixes & Improvements

BansheeXYZ
  • Fix commoner quest errors and inconsistencies in punctuation, grammar, spelling, spacing
The Lacus
  • Improved support for formula override
  • Show warning if mod is created on unsupported Editor version
  • Add support for mod dependencies
  • Support providers of mobile person assets for modding mobile NPCs
  • Add VSCode workspace settings and JSON schemas
Ferital
  • Fix NPC talk reactions when belonging to a parent faction
  • NPCs belonging to Random Ruler, Random Noble, Random Knight factions now use "Court of" local region for reactions
  • Allow renaming save games from save/load UI
  • Fix tracking of main quest questor status
Numidium
  • Show loading text before loading game
Hazelnut
  • Fix import classic save if location count changed by mods
  • Fix quest lists option polluting talk system by partially compiling quests
Pango
  • Prevent 3D map from rotating upside down
Interkarma
  • Fix M0B00Y16 not ending correctly if handing in quest before rescued NPC
  • Prevent exception during RaiseOnEnterLocationRectEvent delegate from breaking discovery
  • Mitigate looping exception spam if RaiseOnEnterLocationRectEvent delegate throws exception when entering a location
  • Add support for Dispose() on quest actions when quest ends
  • Correctly unregister delegates in WhenPcEnterExits quest action

Hazelnut

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.15

Post by Hazelnut »

Be aware that neither of my mods will work with this build yet. I'll get updated versions out in the next day or so, but if you use them please don't upgrade DFU to 0.10.15 for the time being.
    See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Just released updated version of my mods that work with 0.10.15 to Nexus.

Archaeologists Guild v0.11
    Roleplay & Realism v0.7
    See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you guys :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So i get the warning about mods being incompatible with the current version, any idea what kind of mods are affected? Or are all affected?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

This is the full message that is shown:
    One or more mods are incompatible with current version of the game. Please check mods window for details. Do you wish to continue anyway?
    Each mod has a panel inside mods window, where some informations are shown. One of them is the minimum supported version of the game. If it's higher than local game installation, it will be highlighted in red for convenience. Previously an incompatible mod caused a warning to be logged; now is also shown on UI when you start the game. It's also possible that at least one mod has defined an incorrect game version and the message is shown even if you are on latest build. In this case you can safely ignore the message until mod author fix the issue πŸ˜‰

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

TheLacus wrote: ↑Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:01 pm This is the full message that is shown:
    One or more mods are incompatible with current version of the game. Please check mods window for details. Do you wish to continue anyway?
    Each mod has a panel inside mods window, where some informations are shown. One of them is the minimum supported version of the game. If it's higher than local game installation, it will be highlighted in red for convenience. It's also possible that at least one mod has defined an incorrect game version and the message is shown even if you are on latest build. In this case you can safely ignore the message until mod author fix the issue πŸ˜‰
    Well the only one with highlighted version number in red is Dream, but then again i think it has always been highlighted in red for me.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Seferoth wrote: ↑Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:07 pm
    TheLacus wrote: ↑Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:01 pm This is the full message that is shown:
    Each mod has a panel inside mods window, where some informations are shown. One of them is the minimum supported version of the game. If it's higher than local game installation, it will be highlighted in red for convenience. It's also possible that at least one mod has defined an incorrect game version and the message is shown even if you are on latest build. In this case you can safely ignore the message until mod author fix the issue πŸ˜‰
    Well the only one with highlighted version number in red is Dream, but then again i think it has always been highlighted in red for me.
    Sorry i updated my post while you were posting this one. Until last build an incompatible mod caused a warning to be logged; now is also shown on UI when you start the game. This is why this message only appeared now even if version was already red before.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Any idea why all mods(or most of them, can't easily test them all) except graphical ones stopped working when i updated to 0.10.15? I have everything enabled, i updated everything just like before(a couple of times now) and nothing works! Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Edit: Using Windows 64bit version if that helps. I tried everything and i cannot make my game work correctly with the latest version.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Seferoth wrote: ↑Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:34 pm Any idea why all mods(or most of them, can't easily test them all) except graphical ones stopped working when i updated to 0.10.15? I have everything enabled, i updated everything just like before(a couple of times now) and nothing works! Anyone has any idea why this is happening?
    There is an update for Archaeologists and Roleplay & Realism. Other mods may also need to be updated due to a change to formula overriding, but i don't think there are many of them that use this feature.

EDIT. Can you make some examples of mods that aren't working?