Daggerfall Unity 0.10.15

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Seferoth

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.15

Post by Seferoth »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:34 pm Any idea why all mods(or most of them, can't easily test them all) except graphical ones stopped working when i updated to 0.10.15? I have everything enabled, i updated everything just like before(a couple of times now) and nothing works! Anyone has any idea why this is happening?
There is an update for Archaeologists and Roleplay & Realism. Other mods may also need to be updated due to a change to formula overriding, but i don't think there are many of them that use this feature.
I already downloaded the updated versions, that's the problem, the updated versions of those mods do not work. No mod except Dream works in my game(0.10.15).

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:34 pm Any idea why all mods except graphical ones stopped working when i updated to 0.10.15? I have everything enabled, i updated everything just like before(a couple of times now) and nothing works! Anyone has any idea why this is happening?
Please stop with the generalisations, it's not so helpful saying 'all mods except graphical ones'. If a specific mod doesn't work with the new release, please post in the applicable mod thread to alert the author. The only aspect of .15 which would cause mod incompatibilities is the new way of overriding formulas, that's why I needed to do maintenance builds for my mods before work this morning. As far as I am aware my mods are the only ones that have overridden formula up to this point, but I could easily be wrong. While I try to keep up with everything on these forums it can be quite difficult. (I am not Pango! ;) )

EDIT: So my updated mods don't work? Okay that surprises me! :oops: I will look into this once I get home from work, I didn't have long to test 'em before work but they seemed to be okay.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:46 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:34 pm Any idea why all mods(or most of them, can't easily test them all) except graphical ones stopped working when i updated to 0.10.15? I have everything enabled, i updated everything just like before(a couple of times now) and nothing works! Anyone has any idea why this is happening?
There is an update for Archaeologists and Roleplay & Realism. Other mods may also need to be updated due to a change to formula overriding, but i don't think there are many of them that use this feature.
I already downloaded the updated versions, that's the problem, the updated versions of those mods do not work. No mod except Dream works in my game(0.10.15).
Do they appear inside mods window from main menu? If they do and you are able to locate log file, someone will be able to have a look. If they don't appear there is some issue with how the game is installed.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:46 pm I already downloaded the updated versions, that's the problem, the updated versions of those mods do not work. No mod except Dream works in my game(0.10.15).
At this point, just delete everything. Including all live builds. Re-download and re-install.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:53 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:46 pm
Do they appear inside mods window from main menu? If they do and you are able to locate log file, someone will be able to have a look. If they don't appear there is some issue with how the game is installed.
All mods appear in mods panel without issue. It shows them enabled and it gives me no error messages or anything out of ordinary, they just don't work. You mean output_log? What is the best way to get best data there. Just load my game(affected) and save?
Edit: Here is the output_log as it is.
Attachments
output_log.zip
(7.21 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

There is a total of 27 mods installed. Three of them need an update due formula changes (Carry Weight Customizer, Ironman Game Systems and No Dice).

RoleplayRealism has a different compiler issue:

Code: Select all

ModManager - started loading mod: RoleplayRealism

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Error (1061): Type `DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MobilePersonNPC' does not contain a definition for `Billboard' and no extension method `Billboard' of type `DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MobilePersonNPC' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Error (): 0(101,22): DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.EnhancedRiding.OnTriggerEnter(UnityEngine.Collider)

There aren't other messages related to mods. For example, do Post processing, Enhanced sky and Birds works?
If the issue is limiled to the mods mentioned above you only need to wait for an update. 😉

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So there were issues with several mods including Roleplay&Realism. I am just downgrading back to 0.10.14 for now. Thank you for proving that i am not insane. ;)
Edit: Graphical mods seems to work fine, just tested them one by one.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks TheLacus. It's a simple fix - I didn't spot it in my rush to get new versions out without my most recent changes which didn't get into the build.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 pm Thanks TheLacus. It's a simple fix - I didn't spot it in my rush to get new versions out without my most recent changes which didn't get into the build.
Perhaps now in the future you take my reports a bit more seriously, and instead of berating or laughing to me for my reports you appreciate that i still take my time to report these and try to make this game and it's mods better for everyone. Thank you.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nobody laughted at you, ppl here are usually hard at work on this game, we all appreciate feedback but it must be specific and to the point