Daggerfall Unity 0.10.15

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Hazelnut

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.15

Post by Hazelnut »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:34 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 pm Thanks TheLacus. It's a simple fix - I didn't spot it in my rush to get new versions out without my most recent changes which didn't get into the build.
Perhaps now in the future you take my reports a bit more seriously, and instead of berating or laughing to me for my reports you appreciate that i still take my time to report these and try to make this game and it's mods better for everyone. Thank you.
I asked you to stop with the generalisations, so I am not sure where you got berating / laughing at you from? Please don't take it that way as that was not my intent when I posted for what it's worth.

I appreciate all helpful information given on these forums, as a quick look at my post history will hopefully show. However, I do get frustrated sometimes with generalisations like "it's broken" or "all mods except graphical ones" when I am trying to work out what is wrong. In hindsight trying to rush out updates before work this morning was a bad idea. :?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:21 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:34 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 pm Thanks TheLacus. It's a simple fix - I didn't spot it in my rush to get new versions out without my most recent changes which didn't get into the build.
Perhaps now in the future you take my reports a bit more seriously, and instead of berating or laughing to me for my reports you appreciate that i still take my time to report these and try to make this game and it's mods better for everyone. Thank you.
I asked you to stop with the generalisations, so I am not sure where you got berating / laughing at you from? Please don't take it that way as that was not my intent when I posted for what it's worth.

I appreciate all helpful information given on these forums, as a quick look at my post history will hopefully show. However, I do get frustrated sometimes with generalisations like "it's broken" or "all mods except graphical ones" when I am trying to work out what is wrong. In hindsight trying to rush out updates before work this morning was a bad idea. :?
Nearly all my gameplay affecting mods were broken/non-working! It was exactly as i said, that's what pisses me off, if you count by features that stopped working the number/percentage would be even higher. Ironman mod had multiple features, your mod had multiple features, the whole leveling mod stopped working and carry capacity mod stopped working.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

So looks like Carry Weight Customizer, Ironman Game Systems and No Dice will also need updates to work with 0.10.15 but other mods should be okay. It's a simple change and re-build and I will drop a note into the mod threads about exectly what needs to be done. Once those are updated you should hopefully be able to move back to .15 again.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:35 pm So looks like Carry Weight Customizer, Ironman Game Systems and No Dice will also need updates to work with 0.10.15 but other mods should be okay. It's a simple change and re-build and I will drop a note into the mod threads about exectly what needs to be done. Once those are updated you should hopefully be able to move back to .15 again.
I also went to nexus and informed those mod makers that their mods need updating for .15. Sadly the maker of No Dice has not been at nexus for a month...hope he comes back and update the mod. It literally is the most important mod for me, i just can't deal with random level up bonuses personally.
Edit: I know i could just save and load, but that can take a lot of time to get max bonuses.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:35 pm So looks like Carry Weight Customizer, Ironman Game Systems and No Dice will also need updates to work with 0.10.15 but other mods should be okay. It's a simple change and re-build and I will drop a note into the mod threads about exectly what needs to be done. Once those are updated you should hopefully be able to move back to .15 again.
I also went to nexus and informed those mod makers that their mods need updating for .15. Sadly the maker of No Dice has not been at nexus for a month...hope he comes back and update the mod. It literally is the most important mod for me, i just can't deal with random level up bonuses personally.
Edit: I know i could just save and load, but that can take a lot of time to get max bonuses.
Just accept your rolls man. It'll probably even out to about 5 per level in the end :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:43 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Just accept your rolls man. It'll probably even out to about 5 per level in the end :D
Never! That's why i always make sure i always get endurance to 100 at level 2 too. I need all the stats i can get. If i miss even one i feel like my character is utterly ruined. I am min/maxer of worst sort, i mean i can decide to not use like Daedric if i like some other armor on my character, that's because i know i CAN get that Daedric if i ever want it. Can't do the same with stats and hp, and messing with save-files,etc is too cheaty for me.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I'm a hopeless min/maxer like Seferoth, so I'm also hoping that one day, someone (maybe me if I can get the time to learn how to mod this relatively simple stuff) will follow up on what a forum user several months ago had started (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=277&start=70#p21900, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1893&p=22903#p22903) and add to the "No Dice" mod the extra feature of retroactive HP gains on END increase. Anyway, great to see the modding and other enhancements in this release - the ability to rename save files in game is very nice.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

mikeprichard wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:13 pm I'm a hopeless min/maxer like Seferoth, so I'm also hoping that one day, someone (maybe me if I can get the time to learn how to mod this relatively simple stuff) will follow up on what a forum user several months ago had started (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=277&start=70#p21900, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1893&p=22903#p22903) and add to the "No Dice" mod the extra feature of retroactive HP gains on END increase. Anyway, great to see the modding and other enhancements in this release - the ability to rename save files in game is very nice.
Retroactive HP from Endurance would be awesome. That was one of the first mods i ever got for Oblivion. :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

While I don't see why you guys can't just roll with the punches (:P) I agree, retroactive HP should really be in the game. I allways dislike mechanics in RPGs that make some skills/abilites/stats important to take at the beginning and have diminishing returns the later you get them. Like, for example, a skill that increases XP gain.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:26 am While I don't see why you guys can't just roll with the punches (:P) I agree, retroactive HP should really be in the game. I allways dislike mechanics in RPGs that make some skills/abilites/stats important to take at the beginning and have diminishing returns the later you get them. Like, for example, a skill that increases XP gain.
Soooo Ralzar - I see you know your way around modding; would you be interested in trying to add this retroactive HP feature to the "No Dice" mod base functionality, since the previous forum user (UserOfThisSite - see my two links from above, including especially the post at viewtopic.php?f=22&t=277&start=70#p21919) hasn't been around since April? My ideal mod as I described in my second post above would be to have a simple mod features menu allowing the player to a) toggle the retroactive hit point gains due to END, b) set a fixed value for attribute/stat points awarded per level (e.g. from 0-20, if such is an allowable range?), and c) toggle whether HP awarded per level are always at the maximum allowable for the character.

If not, it is on my to-do list to learn how to do this myself at some point (though currently I have no knowledge/experience with DFU modding whatsoever), but thought I'd ask. :) (Also, we can move this discussion over to that or another more appropriate topic for whoever may be interested.)