Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Hazelnut

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16

Post by Hazelnut »

Well it's still availiable from downloads if you deleted it. Is it the ironman mods you want? They should be upgraded at some point soon.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: ↑Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 pm Just noticed something kinda silly... You get a clang sound even if you hit walls with your bare fists/feet :roll:
That might have a solution, but even if it doesnt, I really like this new feature and Ive immediately noticed it in my gameplay, good stuff

Also Im glad to see that sounds can be mapped to new actions.

Would be cool to expand on that if possible, I miss the jump sound (but that must be gender specific), MOB "death" sound after killing it... Adding new sounds to objects like for example a fountain would be nice as well :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

pango wrote: ↑Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 pm Just noticed something kinda silly... You get a clang sound even if you hit walls with your bare fists/feet :roll:
Seems fine considering a lot of players will have plate boots and gloves. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I really like the wall feedback sound. Feels like it's been missing this whole time.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

That's because your charachter has got an iron fist/foot πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It would be good to have feedback regarding the climbing changes. It should be more difficult to climb if you have low skill, and hopefully this makes the skill more worthwhile.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: ↑Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:02 pm It would be good to have feedback regarding the climbing changes. It should be more difficult to climb if you have low skill, and hopefully this makes the skill more worthwhile.
Yeah, there are several skills that would benefit from the same type of text info that Etiquette, Streetwise, Backstab, Lockpicking and Pickpocket has. Critical Strike saying "You make a critical hit!", for example. Not sure what climbing should say.

Edit: "You lose your grip!" When it fails perhaps?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Does it need to say something? You either climb or fall - I think it's fairly clear without text. I might be persuaded to add text in a mod, but not likely in core since falling is the classic feedback.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, DFU should stay as vanilla. I was mostly just commenting on the weird design discrepancy between some skill checks and others.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Things that give obvious feedback already (enemy hit, falling off a wall, spell takes obvious visual effect, etc) don't need text. Things that aren't obvious (critical strike, back stab, spell fails to take effect, lockpicking fails, etc) need feedback of some kind. Mostly the game does this, sometimes it does not.