Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks so much Pango! :)

King of Worms

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.18

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for the update :)

L57

Post by L57 »

pango wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:49 pm [*] Don't suppress world when inside a building (Ferital)
Probably a stupid question, but could you explain what does it mean? :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:43 pm
pango wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:49 pm [*] Don't suppress world when inside a building (Ferital)
I was going to ask the same question :)

Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16

Post by Jay_H »

I haz an answer! :D https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1655
Fix list of houses for sale not available when loading the game inside a bank

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Yes, the commit message was not very clear as it was mostly intended for devs. The bug was that when loading a game inside a building, the exterior world was suppressed, i.e. it wasn't loaded at all until the player exited the building. This led to a few issues like the houses for sale list one: since the game didn't have any available town information, it couldn't construct the list. "World suppression" was probably a leftover from DFU early days, when exterior loading was relatively slow, which isn't the case anymore.

L57

Post by L57 »

Ferital wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:22 pm Yes, the commit message was not very clear as it was mostly intended for devs. The bug was that when loading a game inside a building, the exterior world was suppressed, i.e. it wasn't loaded at all until the player exited the building. This led to a few issues like the houses for sale list one: since the game didn't have any available town information, it couldn't construct the list. "World suppression" was probably a leftover from DFU early days, when exterior loading was relatively slow, which isn't the case anymore.
Thanks! By the way, could you also explain how does the game select available houses for sale? I suspect these buildings are pre-defined in city blocks?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ferital wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Yes, the commit message was not very clear as it was mostly intended for devs. The bug was that when loading a game inside a building, the exterior world was suppressed, i.e. it wasn't loaded at all until the player exited the building. This led to a few issues like the houses for sale list one: since the game didn't have any available town information, it couldn't construct the list. "World suppression" was probably a leftover from DFU early days, when exterior loading was relatively slow, which isn't the case anymore.
Riiight. That’s the problem Hazelnut and me ran into testing Mountain Rumours. If you loaded a save inside a fort and left you loaded inside the stairs.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

L57 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:36 pm
Ferital wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:22 pm Yes, the commit message was not very clear as it was mostly intended for devs. The bug was that when loading a game inside a building, the exterior world was suppressed, i.e. it wasn't loaded at all until the player exited the building. This led to a few issues like the houses for sale list one: since the game didn't have any available town information, it couldn't construct the list. "World suppression" was probably a leftover from DFU early days, when exterior loading was relatively slow, which isn't the case anymore.
Thanks! By the way, could you also explain how does the game select available houses for sale? I suspect these buildings are pre-defined in city blocks?
They are predefined in classic, but as we couldn't use the original data, in DFU they are selected at random (which is much better in my opinion). Hazelnut did this part of the code.

L57

Post by L57 »

Ferital wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:09 am They are predefined in classic, but as we couldn't use the original data, in DFU they are selected at random (which is much better in my opinion). Hazelnut did this part of the code.
It's rather risky to edit city buildings then? I'm obsessed with the idea of reworking some residences into workshops and manufactories (really hate the lack of a visible economical activity in the game)... or at least to rename these buildings and make them temporarily unaccessible until I can/learn to edit these interiors.

Now wondering how many problems will it cause given DFU implementation.