Daggerfall Unity 0.10.22

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
pango

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.22

Post by pango »

Jhonrock wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:16 am This version seems to have solved a small sound problem I've been experiencing in the previous version. After some time playing, the game sound start to stutter very briefly every time the game finished to load anything.
If that's the problem I'm thinking of, then I doubt it is fixed in this version; It's just that it tends to worsen with runtime length, as memory fragmentation builds up, so it may not show up immediately...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jhonrock

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.22

Post by Jhonrock »

pango wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:02 am
Jhonrock wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:16 am This version seems to have solved a small sound problem I've been experiencing in the previous version. After some time playing, the game sound start to stutter very briefly every time the game finished to load anything.
If that's the problem I'm thinking of, then I doubt it is fixed in this version; It's just that it tends to worsen with runtime length, as memory fragmentation builds up, so it may not show up immediately...
Reading the bug description, it seems to be the case I've been experiencing here indeed. The sound stutter occurs when closing a window.

Well, I've played this new version for a few hours yesterday and didn't notice it. I'll play it more today and pay more attention to it.