Daggerfall Unity 0.10.26

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.10.26

Post by Interkarma »

The Live Builds page has been updated with links to 0.10.26 releases now.

This release introduces new Localization features, more mod support, secondary keybinds, bulletin boards, bug fixes and loads more. Click link below for full update article.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-unity-0-10-26/

Update 24-September-2020

Builds have been hotfixed to 0.10.26a with the following fixes. Internally build version is still "0.10.26" so as not to break mod version checks.
  • "Nord" missing from Internal_Strings localization table, so any freshly made level 1 Nord characters would see "<LocaleText-NotFound>" instead of race name. Anyone affected by this bug in last few days will need to edit race name in SaveData.txt back to "Nord".
  • Addressable assets not loading on some Linux installs as reported here. Updated Localization to 0.8.1 and Addressables to 1.16.1 and rebuilt addressable assets. Affected users report game is now working normally again.

Seferoth

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.26

Post by Seferoth »

Thank you for all your hard work guys. Super excited about this new update! :)

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

VERY excited to try this version out, especially with the updated mods!

Also finally glad to see the notice board and water tiles on automap. :mrgreen:

pango

Post by pango »

Another sweet release :)
Awaiting for feedback from translation teams!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Indeed! I need to keep cranking out those localisation tutorials for them too. So much work has gone into this release I just haven't had enough time. Hopefully things will calm down a bit now so I get pick that up again from the weekend.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Downloading it now. This is going to take some testing before I roll out my mod updates and new mods :D

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

pango wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:13 am Awaiting for feedback from translation teams!
Interkarma wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:18 am Indeed! I need to keep cranking out those localisation tutorials for them too. [...]
Rest assured, that this will be tackled in the coming weeks in my parental leave between a crying baby, changing diapers and trying to stay awake! I know no mercy. :D

All of you, thanks so much for your hard work on this new release, my finger tingle already and can't wait to give it a go! :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Deepfighter wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 am
Rest assured, that this will be tackled in the coming weeks in my parental leave between a crying baby, changing diapers and trying to stay awake! I know no mercy. :D

All of you, thanks so much for your hard work on this new release, my finger tingle already and can't wait to give it a go! :)
I came here to congratulate Interkarma on the release, I know this one was a slog, but I'm also going to congratulate you on the birth of your baby.. I wish you much stamina for the coming months. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Same from me, congrats on the baby Deepfighter! :)

I'll get part two of that tutorial up as soon as I can for you.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Thanks guys, your support in words is very welcomed. I still have some time left (until Mid-October), but it's approaching quickly. It feels already like my contribution for a new generation of Daggerfall gamers. :mrgreen: :lol:.

But now, back to topic and let us celebrate this new release together. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online