Daggerfall Unity Beta 0.11.0 - Milestone Accomplished

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Ralzar

Re: Daggerfall Unity Beta 0.11.0 - Milestone Accomplished

Post by Ralzar »

Maybe consider making some kind of stickied post on the subreddit?

pango

Post by pango »

If this is really a best practice that should be enforced, I'd put some logic directly into Daggerfall Unity, because you're never sure documentation will be read and understood...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:21 am Maybe consider making some kind of stickied post on the subreddit?
I link to the H&S topic for installing Daggerfall on the subreddit (see links on right side). I don't think a sticky is also needed at this time. And thank you for all your help answering support queries on subreddit, I noticed you're fairly active there. :)

pango wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:17 am If this is really a best practice that should be enforced, I'd put some logic directly into Daggerfall Unity, because you're never sure documentation will be read and understood...
I can't enforce how people unzip things on their computer, and I don't feel this would be a helpful course to set upon. All the information people need to setup properly is in the H&S sticky. I trust in the intelligence of others and believe that most people get this right first time without much hassle. We only see the outliers more because they're the ones having troubles and asking for help.

I also want to move in a different direction (see my earlier comments). I regard this stage of distribution as a standing compromise during development, not an end point. With a little persistence and luck, things can improve. :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Ralzar wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:21 am Maybe consider making some kind of stickied post on the subreddit?
I link to the H&S topic for installing Daggerfall on the subreddit (see links on right side). I don't think a sticky is also needed at this time. And thank you for all your help answering support queries on subreddit, I noticed you're fairly active there. :)
Working from home man. A lot of spare time and no one looking over my shoulder :D

Although the links to installing are there on the right side, I doubt many notice or read them. Your eyes get kinda sucked to the feed on the left.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Fair enough! I'll sticky the link to H&S topic at top of subreddit now.