DFTFU Developer Preview 1.3.21

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

DFTFU Developer Preview 1.3.21

Post by Interkarma »

I have made Daggerfall Tools for Unity 1.3.21 available to developers for testing. For full news and download, see below blog post.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/?p=1924

Please use this forum thread for any feedback and bug reports. It helps me to keep it all in one place. I still have a few kinks to work out in this build so I expect to be busy before we hit full release.

Happy testing everyone. :)

LypyL

Re: DFTFU Developer Preview 1.3.21

Post by LypyL »

So far so good for me (except the interior door sound issue I already mentioned). The prefabs + events make a lot of things easier now.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

I'm getting a null reference exception while moving around the streaming world. I'm not 100% certain, but it seems to happen when I move away from a city a distance, and again when I get close.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallBillboardBatch+<AnimateBillboards>c__IteratorA.MoveNext () (at Assets/Daggerfall Unity/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallBillboardBatch.cs:156)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallBillboardBatch:Update() (at Assets/Daggerfall Unity/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallBillboardBatch.cs:119)
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallBillboardBatch+<AnimateBillboards>c__IteratorA.MoveNext () (at Assets/Daggerfall Unity/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallBillboardBatch.cs:148)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallBillboardBatch:Update() (at Assets/Daggerfall Unity/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallBillboardBatch.cs:119)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. :) Have fixed this in build going up later today (1.3.23).

Edit: Updated build is ready now. Same link as above.
http://www.dfworkshop.net/?p=1924

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Dungeon Exits are only working sporadically. It seems to vary by dungeon - I don't have a problem in Privateer's hold, or Sentinel Palace, but Castle Wayrest & Daggerfall I can't leave at all. This is with version 1.3.23

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The dungeon exit problem is fixed in 1.3.24. This is on Git now and will be uploaded to dfworkshop.net soon.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Stupid question, but when can play in full vanilla Daggerfall on this engine? NPC, interface, quests, all of this?
And it shall come everything that made for XL engine? New sprites and interface with journal.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Biboran wrote:Stupid question, but when can play in full vanilla Daggerfall on this engine? NPC, interface, quests, all of this?
And it shall come everything that made for XL engine? New sprites and interface with journal.
Welcome to the forums Biboran. :) Daggerfall Tools for Unity is not directly intended to be a remake of Daggerfall, it's a bridge for developers between Daggerfall's binaries and the Unity3D game engine. However, DFTFU will enable the community to not only remaster Daggerfall in the same manner as DaggerXL hoped to, but allow for the creation of more games built in the same style. The FAQ has a few more details.

Daggerfall Tools for Unity is only 9 months old and it's climbing the feature ladder very quickly. The reason for this is I don't need to worry about implementing engine features (Unity is a powerful engine with all the features you could ask for) and I'm free just to work on the Daggerfall side of things. DFTFU is also completely open source and has an active community helping it to mature faster.

I can't really place a time-frame on when vanilla Daggerfall will be playable with Unity, as that's not my goal and I would be speaking for other developers who are working on that goal. But with that said, I would be very surprised if there isn't at least a partial remaster working by this time next year. There's just too much activity, too many people working on small pieces of the puzzle, and too much fun being had. It's surprising how quickly a community can work together with the right tools available to everyone.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Interkarma wrote:The dungeon exit problem is fixed in 1.3.24. This is on Git now and will be uploaded to dfworkshop.net soon.
Nice. I noticed while poking around in the DaggerfallDungeon script that you're not using the LayoutOrsinium function anymore for the Orsinium bug - out of curiosity did you find a fix for that?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

LypyL wrote: Nice. I noticed while poking around in the DaggerfallDungeon script that you're not using the LayoutOrsinium function anymore for the Orsinium bug - out of curiosity did you find a fix for that?
I had just forgotten to put that particular hack back in (whoops). It's returned as of 1.3.25. I'll come back and take another look at this when the layouts are moved over to self-assembling prefabs.