Taverns, Custom Loot, Climbing, Languages, Mod Features

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Re: Taverns, Custom Loot, Climbing, Languages, Mod Features

Post by Interkarma » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Yep, really looking forward to first update on spells. Just need some more time to wrap up a few things. Hopefully first post will be up within this coming week.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:37 pm

My impressions playing the new build:

1. Rain has been sorely lacking and I didn't realize it until now. The new rain effects are excellent! This was one of the things that first endeared me to Daggerfall to begin with: walking around through town on a foggy day, poured on by rain, looking for the house to slay that critter for the Fighters Guild. The immersion was mind-blowing.

2. For the first time in 20 years I might consider making a character with language skills! I popped into a room with a few enemies and was greeted, "Harpy pacified by Harpy skill." This is huge! To make a character who can speak properly with orcs and then go to Orsinium, for example, is a fascinating point to me, or to get a "free pass" in a dangeous dungeon just because you know the language. Then the Streetwise/Etiquette points are going to be really cool, too.
ON HIATUS. Will be difficult to find.
Come join the Unofficial Daggerfall Unity Discord.
See the Daggerfall Unity Wiki on the UESP.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Agree on both points! The weather effects are magical now they're in and really add to that sense of "being there". And I love Hazelnut's work on language skills. They're so much more useful now. I've also been thinking about different builds to take advantage of this new dimension in the game. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 pm

Jay_H wrote: 2. For the first time in 20 years I might consider making a character with language skills! I popped into a room with a few enemies and was greeted, "Harpy pacified by Harpy skill." This is huge! To make a character who can speak properly with orcs and then go to Orsinium, for example, is a fascinating point to me, or to get a "free pass" in a dangeous dungeon just because you know the language. Then the Streetwise/Etiquette points are going to be really cool, too.
Glad you like it, it also gives a use for high luck and personality since they're factors. Note that even with 100% lang, per, luck & weapon sheathed there's still a chance that you will fail and have to fight. There's no such thing as a safe dungeon. :lol:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Hazelnut wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 pm
Jay_H wrote: 2. For the first time in 20 years I might consider making a character with language skills! I popped into a room with a few enemies and was greeted, "Harpy pacified by Harpy skill." This is huge! To make a character who can speak properly with orcs and then go to Orsinium, for example, is a fascinating point to me, or to get a "free pass" in a dangeous dungeon just because you know the language. Then the Streetwise/Etiquette points are going to be really cool, too.
Glad you like it, it also gives a use for high luck and personality since they're factors. Note that even with 100% lang, per, luck & weapon sheathed there's still a chance that you will fail and have to fight. There's no such thing as a safe dungeon. :lol:
I should mention that the language checks have been reverted to the same as classic now, and the updated formula will be part of the Archaeologists mod which I hope many people will use. The reason for this is that I was still not happy with the way it worked but I didn't want to change the classic formula too much for the purists, so in the end I felt it best to be in a mod so I can make it work as I think it should.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Sounds good to me! This is amazing work and I know modders are going to have a lot of fun creating guilds and quests once day. There's so much potential in this stuff you're adding right now.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Fri May 04, 2018 5:12 pm

Well better late than never.
Yep, I like it
Check out my YouTube Channel!