First Look At Spells

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

First Look At Spells

Post by Interkarma »

The Magic & Effects system has progressed to where it's now possible to cast spells in Daggerfall Unity to damage others and heal yourself. Full article and a short video below.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/first-look-at-spells/

delvisomanda

Re: First Look At Spells

Post by delvisomanda »

Well, it's working fine, but of course, there's a lot of things in the spellmaker that I don't know what they are, I'll have to watch a tutorial or something. :lol:

Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Absolutely amazing. The project advances towards feature completeness at a breakneck pace! Also, (SPOILERS AHEAD), I went straight to the video and, for some reason, I knew it was going to end with lots of HALT!ing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You called it. :lol:

The bit that I edited out at the end is I caught myself in that poison cloud DoT, and had made it powerful enough that my level 1 test char could barely heal ahead of it. I died a few seconds later when it all went from fun and games harassing the city watch into dying of poison while they beat me down at the same time. Daggerfall has a way of turning against you in an instant.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

The spell maker works, all the different effects look pretty nice, and enemies seem to have weakness to certain spells, frost D to ice, undead to poison (go make a frost spell, kill everything else, then a frost D).
Odlly enough, fire D's seem to get hurt as much from flame spells as everything else, but that spell is op for me 5-10 + 5-10 per lvl at lvl 30 or 40 something, and area effect....my guy has no hair, very painfull.
Havent checked the guards yet, that ones new to me, but its gonna be fun.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There's no spell resistance/absorption/vulnerability or anything like that just yet. Just raw damage and heal effects passing through to entity. Some of the monsters have more hit points however (and humanoid foes scale with player) which might contribute to that seeming to be case.

My next job is to build out some of the linkages between other systems so this can start falling into place.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just added levitate effect and having some fun with it. Thought I'd share here for the folks who aren't on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/ ... 3792607232

Seterwind

Post by Seterwind »

Oh lordy this is fun!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hahaha, the stuff of nightmares! Daggerfall guards flying to your bedroom window, shouting "Halt! Halt!"

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:18 am Hahaha, the stuff of nightmares! Daggerfall guards flying to your bedroom window, shouting "Halt! Halt!"
:lol: