The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Jay_H

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Jay_H »

Very interesting read, I liked it! :)

Snort McSquirtSack

Post by Snort McSquirtSack »

Hello and, first off, thank you. I have never played much of Daggerfall before, didn't have a PC until the mid 2000's, and I didn't have internet access until late 2012, but I have big respect for the community. Thank you for keeping this alive for people like me to get to experience Daggerfall. This game, all its faults aside, is an experience. I am enjoying the Unity version and I am looking forward to its completion.

As for me, well, not much to say. Just a Slav with an outdated Laptop. I'm hoping to eventually do my part and maybe make some minor-ish mods too. I have some experience in pixel art but it's gonna be probably a very tasking road towards staying on-model with Daggerfall's art style. But we'll see.

Have a good time everyone!
If a person wants to comprehend, that he must the square who study it the square. You only ask for help me then can become the knowledge of the dark of the study Hopeless, in the fire of water.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, welcome to the forums! :)

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Umm... Hi, I don't have a big essay about myself, and I feel a bit awkward basically walking to a bunch of people and saying "hello," but I've been lurking for about a year, and figured it was about time to join in and maybe give my opinions once in a while. This has been one of the mods I've really been following, along with RE4HD, and I can't wait until this finished.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums ACNAero :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Welcome ACNAero, glad you decided to stop lurking an introduce yourself.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Thanks, guys. Hopefully my newbie opinions can be of any value :lol:

AlexViralata

Post by AlexViralata »

Greetings!
First of all, a big thank you to everyone involved on the development of DF Unity! Regardless of the type of participation... you guys/gals are awesome! Big Thank You!
So many times I installed Daggerfall and I asked myself: "Why isn't some sort of source port of this? This is awesome but my eyes bleed with those jaggies!" And that's the reason as to why I really enjoy DF Unity.
I recently became a full time Linux user, and as such I'm trying to provide feedback wherever I can. I'm not a developer nor artist, but I am a stubborn tester. So I'll be nagging from the Penguin realm ;-)
Cheers

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome! :)

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome AlexViralata!
I was about to ask you to double check the issue with Hand Painted Models mod, but you did it already! :D
Regards,
Pierre.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart