Re Twitter

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Jay_H

Re: Re Twitter

Post by Jay_H »

High climbing skill characters in #DaggerfallUnity will love @MeteoricDragon's Advanced Climbing System. Now you can leap and grab walls in mid-air, hold in place, wall jump, climb in any direction, and even wrap around corners!
Mindblowing! This is fantastic! I can see a lot of real use for thief characters opening up with this.

If only ceiling climbing were available too :lol: One of my poor old characters wouldn't have died in a dungeon had he had some way of climbing across a ceiling.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

This background was supposed to be motivational, but instead it just seems antagonistic... Like, I start shutting down for the night thinking I've done a great job and suddenly its screaming at me to go back to work. When is it ever enough for you, background?
A few suggestions:

* Never push yourself to do something. You'll wear yourself out and lower your long-term motivation.
* Always work a regular set of hours. Your brain will gear itself up and get motivated.
* Leave yourself something simple and easy to do, so you can ease into it tomorrow.
* Do as I say, not as I do.
* Never say never.
* Remember to reality-check all advice. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you Narf, I genuinely appreciate the concern and advice. In this case, I was just sharing something I thought was humorous - kind of a "you're not the boss of me, background" moment. I've already changed that snarky background to some bad-ass skulls. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I used to comment here about the github commits but now I've given up on it. It'd just be a mess of all caps and exclamation points. DFU's devs do amazing work. I love checking in every night and seeing some pull request for one or another completely unexpected but awesome feature.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I don't say much these days, but I'm still excited as ever, if not more. :D

Just less energy to post these days. :(
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

A PC named Xander?

The Mayor is one of the best villains I've ever encountered in a work of fiction.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Maybe this is a little off-topic, but I've gotten started on the awesome interview with Ted Peterson Interkarma retweeted. Seriously Indigo, how do you do this?

pango

Post by pango »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:06 am Maybe this is a little off-topic, but I've gotten started on the awesome interview with Ted Peterson Interkarma retweeted. Seriously Indigo, how do you do this?
Just finished watching it, and after Julian's interview, that's another great interview! I've been curious about Ted for a while now, so it was spot on.

And even more off topic, but I can't see this bartender's face without thinking about Indigo, that's coincidental, but funny nonetheless
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm still working through the interview in 10-minute intervals. Really enjoying it so far.

That bartender does look a bit like of Indigo now you mention it. I'm not going to be able to unsee that now, am I? :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

From the upcoming commits:
Enemies shoot a ranged spell like in classic
Added first pass at enemy touch spells.
Added paralyze from spiders and scorpions.