BREAKING NEWS: Classic titles now on GOG!

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
DovahkiinDemon

BREAKING NEWS: Classic titles now on GOG!

Post by DovahkiinDemon »

For those of you who have had problems obtaining copies of the less-popular entries, Battlespire and Redguard, you will revel in the news that they are now available to purchase on gog.com along with a drm-free release of Morrowind and its expansions.

While they are not the best of the Elder Scrolls games, they are interesting nonetheless. I remember trying for days to get Redguard to run on my XP, but to hardly any avail. If you are like most out there and have tried to play this game with chugging emulation, now is an opportune time to purchase it.

All titles are also on sale for a limited time.

Arctus

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Classic titles now on GOG!

Post by Arctus »

I always really enjoyed Battlespire, thought it was a really underrated ES game. Talking daedra into not fighting you? Or into fighting each other? I thought that was awesome.

Aliem

Post by Aliem »

Outstanding. I've never had the chance to play either game. I'll pick these up for sure, thanks!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is great news!

epicurius7

Post by epicurius7 »

Battlespire Unity Tools next? :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Haha my wife would never forgive me. :D It would be awesome to see though.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If you buy the Bethesda games on GOG, they put Daggerfall and Arena on your shelf for free (nice!). The Daggerfall extras even have the Daggerfall Chronicles guidebook in PDF form, which is very much essential reading for any Daggerfall hacker (double-nice!).

I'm really happy to have Battlespire and Redguard outside of my old game CD collection now.

Edit: I'm downloading the GOG Daggerfall installer now. I'm curious if it's tuned any differently to the other free downloads we've had for a while now.

epicurius7

Post by epicurius7 »

I don't know if any of them patch in the Dos/32A(?) Extender? It appeared to cut the crashing down on DF last time I mucked around with it.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote:Haha my wife would never forgive me. :D It would be awesome to see though.
:D :D :D

Arctus

Post by Arctus »

Interkarma wrote: The Daggerfall extras even have the Daggerfall Chronicles guidebook in PDF form, which is very much essential reading for any Daggerfall hacker (double-nice!).
Well that's pretty handy. I remember transcribing all the useful data from that guidebook into word to be used for one of these projects like a million years ago, don't know whatever happened to all that.