Ultima Underworld Unity - UnderworldExporter

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Interkarma

Re: Ultima Underworld Unity - UnderworldExporter

Post by Interkarma »

No worries, thanks for posting this stuff! :)

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@Ravenborn:
-Simply Wow. Nice work on the intro translation. The art IS amazing!
-PSX Gameplay: this trully was a full-on PSX port. Redone GUI, interface, 3d NPCs/entities. It feels different, although the PSX controller was probably not ideal for this kind of FRP? What do You think?

Ravenborn

Post by Ravenborn »

I don't know, never played it. Kind of refreshing trying something new though. lol Still interested in trying it out.

Honestly, as far as the semi-customizable gui in Underworld Exporter, I wish they would have allowed us to resize GUI elements. I'd bind "I" to the paperdoll and have it toggle visibility. When using the movable GUI I'd use a transparent background behind the compass, potion bottles, and hit indicator (instead of just chopping the elements out). Escape would toggle the menu (straight to the menu that offers save, restore, etc...), and I would set it so that the mouse wheel would change interaction mode with a display icon to indicate what mode you are in. I'd only display the lower text window if there was text active within the last 20 seconds, then fade it out. If combat is inactive I'd fade out the hit indicator and fade it back in when combat is initiated.

Bugswise, I've noticed two already. One is that, when talking to people, not all of the dialogue will display. The other is that any time I access my backpack, my helmet will disappear. XD

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

Yep, regarding UW Exporter I agree with all Your suggestions. They are more ore less modern style improvements that would make life easier.

Could You pop to UW Exporter github, go to Issues and open Your bugs and suggestions there?! This Would be the most direct way to alert the dev himself.

I dont remember, but I think that project has only one contributor and that is a major shortcoming of UW Exporter - lack of community. I think he should set up a basic Site/forum and assemble a community to help him out. I wander why he has not done so already?

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

This track has a real DF vibe going on. Reminds me of wondering through Wayrest! Yet it's from UW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYvG8FmFZo&t=7m45s

Ravenborn

Post by Ravenborn »

WooT! Finally got HD Textures working with it.
Spoiler!
Phew. Took a bit of work, and I wish I could just dump the original textures rather than having to look in the editor for the filename. lol I'm sure there's a way, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

Yes it is a beautiful mysterious track :)

@Ravenborn: nice work! It looks nice, especially with a blonde-babe-avatar :D

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

PSX speedrun:

Ravenborn

Post by Ravenborn »

LOL Watching him somehow glitch out Tybal was pretty funny, I wonder what caused that? And he seemed to skip past Tybal's death scene. Man, I really wish there was an English patch for that game. Thanks for the vids!
Oh! Also, if anyone is interested in getting Ultima UW 1 and 2 it's going for 1.50 right now on GOG!
https://www.gog.com/game/ultima_underworld_1_2