MRW people say "Daggerfall Unity looks awesome, can't wait til it's done"

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
FilthyCasual523

Re: MRW people say "Daggerfall Unity looks awesome, can't wait til it's done"

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

pango wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 pm
FilthyCasual523 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 pm Spiders and scorpions spamming paralyze really shouldn't be a thing. lol
Is it currently different from Daggerfall classic in some way?
I was under the impression that if you have no paralysis immunity, a Free Action spell or ranged attacks have always been a must...
I never came across it during my gameplay in Classic.

And by "spamming" I mean that's literally what they use every time it wears off. As soon as it wears off, BAM! Paralyzed again. I main melee characters, and they're completely useless against an enemy that won't let them ever get a hit in. I've had to toggle god mode more than once since paralyze was added to the spiders and scorpions.

mikeprichard

Re: MRW people say "Daggerfall Unity looks awesome, can't wait til it's done"

Post by mikeprichard »

100% agree with the other comments here. Although I already prefer the DFU experience over classic Daggerfall, there are some important features (character advantages/disadvantages, item/potion creation, etc. as listed on the roadmaps) as well as continuing bugfixing/refinement still to go before I'll be motivated to start a complete playthrough. But at the pace things are going, I hope that will all be in place by this time next year, with maybe some more great UI/gameplay mods available as well. The recent progress by Interkarma and the other core contributors has been truly incredible - can't wait to see what the future holds for DFU. :)