Daggerfall Classic Wiki (UESP)

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Deepfighter

Re: Daggerfall Classic Wiki (UESP)

Post by Deepfighter »

Thanks for your work Mike! That's the spirit and way to go.

I just kindly reminded the UESP, when we may can expect an answer from them. Hope that we can soon start with the wiki work. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks, Deepfighter! Looking forward to those new DFU pages getting a space on UESP soon-ish.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I've now edited the topic's first post to add another issue needing game code confirmation: weapon/armor/enchanted item durability mechanics. I'm therefore now tracking three issues as detailed in the first post (durability, armor rating, and stealth mechanics), but other than periodically keeping an eye out here for anyone who may be able to contribute game code research relevant to these issues, this will likely be all from me for a while for work updating the existing UESP wiki for shared classic Daggerfall and DFU purposes. Cheers to all who have contributed/may contribute!

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

The UESP Armor page (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Armor) has now been extensively corrected per research shared by the very helpful user l3lessed (see the several posts starting at viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2508&start=40#p29599). The top post here has been edited to update status.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Tech info for bashing doors in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/daggerfallunit ... hing_door/

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Jay_H and Ommamar, thanks for the info! FYI, I'm going to have very little time to spend on the forums and updating the classic UESP wiki pages for a while, as I'm now back home with my family after extended international work travel.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if someone could post confirmation here on the following, which I can consider in a few weeks after I have more time:

1) Re: Jay's post, I'm not sure where the door bashing info should go on the classic UESP pages. It definitely shouldn't be included on either the "Attributes" (as Strength has no bearing on the formula) or "Lockpicking" pages, but any specific recommendations for an appropriate existing classic UESP page are welcome.

2) Also re: Jay's post, I see the lockpicking formula is posted on the classic UESP page (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Lockpicking) as:
"A chance to pick a lock on a door is (5 ≤ security + (pc_level – lock_level)*5 ≤ 95)%. Locks of level 20 or higher cannot be picked."

Meanwhile, Interkarma posted the DFU formula as:
"For Lockpicking you must roll less than (lockpicking skill - 5 * lock strength)% on a 1-100 roll. This means the higher your Lockpicking skill and the lower the lock strength, the more likely you are to unlock it."

Since I'm horrible at numbers, are these formulas in fact the same, or is there an actual mechanical difference here that needs addressing either through correcting the classic UESP page, fixing a divergence in the DFU code, and/or updating the new DFU UESP pages?

3) Finally re: Ommamar's post, I'd appreciate confirmation as to whether those items actually carry enchantments in classic. If they do, this is either a bug in DFU (which should be reported for Interkarma to review) or an intentional change made by DFU (which would need to be posted to the DFU wiki "Gameplay Differences" page at https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes2Mod:Dagger ... ifferences), and there wouldn't need to be any changes to the classic UESP pages.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm also terrible with numbers, don't worry :lol:
"A chance to pick a lock on a door is (5 ≤ lockpicking + (pc_level – lock_level)*5 ≤ 95)%. Locks of level 20 or higher cannot be picked."
"For Lockpicking you must roll less than (lockpicking skill - 5 * lock strength)% on a 1-100 roll. This means the higher your Lockpicking skill and the lower the lock strength, the more likely you are to unlock it."
One big difference is that the UESP formula uses player level, and Interkarma's does not.

You can play around with a spreadsheet I made with the two formulas. Download it and alter it on your computer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BThhSs ... sp=sharing

I don't have a good suggestion about where to put that info, sorry.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:38 am I'm also terrible with numbers, don't worry :lol:
"A chance to pick a lock on a door is (5 ≤ lockpicking + (pc_level – lock_level)*5 ≤ 95)%. Locks of level 20 or higher cannot be picked."
One big difference is that the UESP formula uses player level, and Interkarma's does not.
Thanks, Jay! Would you please consider adding this classic-vs.-DFU difference to your page at https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes2Mod:Dagger ... ifferences?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Smart idea. Thanks mike.