Daggerfall Speedrun

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Jay_H

Daggerfall Speedrun

Post by Jay_H »

I just ran into this on Youtube and I wanted to share it in case anyone else was as intrigued as I am. A player called puri_puri, the quickest or second-quickest Daggerfall player in the world, ran through the main quest during a charity gaming event last month. His ability to talk and play at the same time is just fantastic (especially when it's at break-neck speeds), and I learned a few engine quirks along the way, too. Any efforts to make Daggerfall more mainstream get a huge thumbs-up from me :)

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Speedrun

Post by Interkarma »

Watching through now. Thanks for posting.

Aliem

Post by Aliem »

I'm a huge fan of Games Done Quick (SDGQ starts July 3 :D), but I'm not familiar with RPG limit break. Really looking forward to watching this! Thanks for posting, speedruns -- especially those that utterly break a game -- are a ton of fun!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I was just looking at SGDQ, and it turns out puri returns for a second bout. In case anyone wanted to see the same run done at a different event, the video's here.

This feels a little redundant but like I said, I like anything that brings Daggerfall to the public sphere.

kingOfWyrms

Post by kingOfWyrms »

Just noticed popular Youtuber ProJared is playing some Daggerfall here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mye9m7z425Q

For the love of Talos, someone needs to tell this man about mouselook.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Right on! He says it's his favorite TES, so I can only assume he'll stick with it for awhile. Positive points for sure. In his second video, a comment said, "CHOOSE 'VIEW' IN THE MOUSE OPTIONS MENU. IT'S SO MUCH EASIER." That saves me the trouble :)