Isles of Adalar

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Ommamar

Isles of Adalar

Post by Ommamar »

I just saw this game is anyone else aware of it? They are doing a crowd funding drive at the moment and there is a demo you can down load on steam : https://store.steampowered.com/specials ... TopSellers in general I am not fond of crowd funding but I will play the demo to help me decide if it would be worthwhile to support.

I have heard people say it looks like both Oblivion and Morrowind but it looks more like Kingdom of Amador to me. Anyway here is some Youtube video (I guess they have a developer channel but haven't looked yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5glu32M2po

It looks like the demo just got done downloading so I will give it a try then report back on what my thoughts are.

Ommamar

Re: Isles of Adalar

Post by Ommamar »

I guess potential, the demo was shorter then I thought it would be but I did use options the traits I chose that gave me noncombat options so that might of added to it. I got a very old school vibe from it, a lot of things weren't to apparent, there is a lot of numbers that I wasn't sure how they related to each other. Graphically the NPC's remind me of Everquest, I liked that even in development you can switch between first and third person. There is somethings they put in to just be old school that hopefully they change. As an example to shoot a bow you need to equip the quiver, hit r to load the arrow, press right mouse button to pull it back and then left mouse button to release the arrow. I found it very clunky and of course died while trying to figure out how it worked.

I recommend giving the demo a try which seems to have a quest that lasts thirty minutes or so although you seem to be free to run around. You can also mess around with the world editor that comes with the demo, even in development state it seems pretty powerful. I am hoping they will allow you to add to or adjust the attribute system as that would really let people make completely different game experiences that would add to the life of the game.

I am going to keep an eye on it, still on the fence about giving financial support but that is probably just my cautious experience involving crowdfunding games.