Thoughts/opinions on Elder Scrolls game series in general

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Seferoth

Re: Thoughts/opinions on Elder Scrolls game series in general

Post by Seferoth »

In my opinion NPC's looked worst in Skyrim. Everyone looked the same. Dark Elves looked like Bosmers, and Nords were the same as Imperials.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

That's true, I see what you mean. They did all look similar... in the vanilla game. ;) I use a crap-ton of mods to fix most of the faces and races in Skyrim. With many fave/head/body replacers along with the RaceMenu mod, with the visual part of character creation the possibilities are near endless. :twisted: Hence my possible OCD with it. :roll:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I thought Skyrim Dunmer looked like aliens :lol:

Lokkrin Zhataros

Jay_H wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:53 am I thought Skyrim Dunmer looked like aliens :lol:
Lol, yes Dunmer do look alien-like in Skyrim. But I always thought they kinda looked like that in Morrowind as well. In Oblivion all the faces just look stupid :roll:

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Oblivion had great faces. I am not even joking, you can tell any race apart the easiest in Oblivion and i liked it. Only thing that bothered me with Oblivion's faces were the lack of facial hair.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Hmm, obviously it's a matter of personal opinion and perspective. So I found an image comparing the faces in all the main TES games. These are just the default preset faces though.

My personal opinion (out of the last three games):
-Skyrim by far has the worst faces. They attempted to make more realistic looking faces but they just turned out dull and boring. But once modded they are the best faces.
-Oblivion has decent, playable faces, they look the cleanest and most consistent. For me, even after thousands of hours of playing, I could never really get over their goofy/puffy/bloated shape and appearance.
-Morrowind to me has the most distinctive faces, you can tell the race very easily. You can see that the "Alien" looking Elves started here. :D

I can't decide which faces I like the best. Maybe Morrowind? Don't know.

zealtk8hkh931.jpg
zealtk8hkh931.jpg (173.78 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Here is my list of which game had the best race in my opinion. Most of them are from Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Imperial=Oblivion
Nord=Morrowind
Redguard=Daggerfall
Breton=Oblivion
Altmer=Morrowind
Dunmer=Morrowind
Bosmer=Daggerfall
Khajiit=Daggerfall
Argonian=Daggerfall
Orc=Morrowind

Lokkrin Zhataros

Can't argue with that, couldn't agree more! Redguards for me are a tossup between Morrowind and Daggerfall, they look good in both games. Argonians look so badass in Daggerfall. I kinda like the concept in Morrowind that beast races can't wear shoes/boots. It's an interesting compromise and fun for roleplay reasons.

Edit: I always thought some of the faces in Arena looked pretty cool!
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lokkrin Zhataros

This brings up a somewhat related subject - character creation. I think many would agree that Daggerfall has the best, most flexible and complex character creation system in TES. I really like the Advantages/Disadvantages options and found it a bit interesting and maybe a little disappointing that they replaced that with "Birthsigns". It's an interesting concept, but it's just not much different than extra racial benefits that you can choose. I really didn't like the choices they gave that much.
The letter that preceded you mentioned you were born under a certain sign. And what would that be?
Any thoughts?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Daggerfall has THE BEST class creation system in the world(in my opinion). I liked Birthsigns, but they were always horribly unbalanced. The ones increasing Magicka were always the best, or the ones increasing endurance due to how HP growth works in TES games. Still, compared to Skyrim everything is great...god i hate that game.