How to tell the current game month?

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Dubiousintent

How to tell the current game month?

Post by Dubiousintent »

This game seems intent upon leaving the player constantly confused as to how much time they have left to meet various time tables. The "Convenient Clocks" mod helps a lot with that, but I just realized it doesn't indicate the current month. The "contact Lady Brisienna" letter has arrived, but as it isn't dated I have no idea if my character's "rinse and repeat" training schedule has caused me to miss that initial appointment. (Why aren't these "silently inserted" events at least logged?)

While researching I did see something about clicking on the compass in "classic", but I have no idea how can you do that in DFU's HUD.

Even if there is no way to tell the current month "in-game", is there some way to do that from the save game data files?

Ralzar

Re: How to tell the current game month?

Post by Ralzar »

I'm not sure what you mean? If you click the status button you get what month it is.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Assume you are referring to "Classic mode", with the "status bars" field showing "health, fatigue, and magicka" just to the right of the "Character portrait" (as shown in the first image here)? The DFU HUD interface doesn't have a button or anything else you can click on because it is fixed in "mouse look" mode. The whole interface moves with the cursor. Nor is there one in the "Esc" menu, nor the Paperdoll "stats" or "Inventory" screens.

Switching to "Classic mode" isn't practical as it requires you to exit the game and restart to select it. Apparently this is a "missing feature" from Classic?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No, you press the "i" button ;)

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Ah! :o You mean the <i> key! Now I see what you mean, there's the current month.

Sorry to seem pendantic, but "button" is either a graphic element on screen or a "mouse button". If it's on the keyboard, then it's a "key". The difference is important when describing steps with computers as all three differences may be involved in a sequence. Conflating the terms leads to confusion.