Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Ommamar

Re: Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Post by Ommamar »

I think the reason people use the flu comparison so much is because it is familiar, one of the biggest things about COVID-19 is the unknown. While it is highly contagious and the death rate is higher then influenza it is still only 1-3% fatality rate so if you are generally healthy you will recover. For what ever reason humanity as a whole is programmed to focus on the worse news so that is really mentioned in the mainstream. One thing that does worry me and make the likely hood of a vaccine is that like all viruses it shifts its aspect so what might be development to protect against this snapshot of the virus won't work overall.

The Bill Gates things is weird I think that his foundation has done a lot of good at the same time he seems to be trying to set himself as a controlling element for WHO. What is interesting is that his level of expertise in infectious disease is probably on the same level as his programming expertise. Microsoft was successful because the guy is a good facilitator who realized there are people better at this then I am so I will give them a goal and direction of what I want then get out of their way. I have watched a few interviews and his ted talk both made me uneasy in that he seems to have a covert agenda that hasn't been exposed yet.

Floppy N'Wah

Re: Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

Ommamar Wow Bill gates has said for decades that we need to depopulate the world. Now he is setting up to inject people with someyhing to save? Really?
Not to mention in the very video they set up to promote it had known satanist in the video. forcing them to take the video down after the backlash. Bill Gates is not a hero.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Floppy N'Wah wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:27 am Ommamar Wow Bill gates has said for decades that we need to depopulate the world. Now he is setting up to inject people with someyhing to save? Really?
Not to mention in the very video they set up to promote it had known satanist in the video. forcing them to take the video down after the backlash. Bill Gates is not a hero.
Maybe not to you but to the millions of people his foundation has helped they would probably consider him as such. Personally I have never been a fan of the men but I can't deny that he has done a lot to change the world and has given a lot of money in a charitable fashion. He does seem to have an agenda so it might of all been a smoke screen to allow him to position himself to achieve that agenda. As for removing a video because there where people associated with or practiced satanism that is religious persecution if it is in fact true. I don't believe in the tenants of that religion but I will defend to the death the rights of them to be a proponent of it.

As for the depopulation of the world I just read an article on the Onion that had a group of scientist saying that 1/3 of the worlds population needs to be eliminated. That is all satire of course but a lot of time that will expose a real thought process a lot of people have. I am guessing the something to save you are referring to is the proposed vaccine he has presented, I don't see a vaccine for this situation as viable but if someone else that had no connection to Bill Gates does manage to produce a working vaccine would you take it? If so then you would allow your prejudice against Mr. Gates to cause you to risk your life by refusing a treatment that might save it.

Floppy N'Wah

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

whatever man plenty of videos of your savior on youtube alone going back decades of him in his own words. i dont care if you believe or not. Ignorance is your right. Make jokes enjoy life and good luck with your vaccination.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Floppy N'Wah wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:28 pm whatever man plenty of videos of your savior on youtube alone going back decades of him in his own words. i dont care if you believe or not. Ignorance is your right. Make jokes enjoy life and good luck with your vaccination.
What the fuck are you talking about?! I never mentioned the word savior in any form in regards to Bill Gates, in fact if you take the time to read I say I am not a fan of him. But I am not going to let prejudice against someone get in the way of accepting the fact that he has used the money he has accumulated to help people. You may not care for his methods or whatever agenda he is putting out but it is fact that is verifiable that he has spent a lot of time and effort placing his money where he has done some good.

Further if you bothered to read you will notice I state I don't believe a vaccine for COVID-19 is not a viable option. But obviously you didn't read what I said, you are just upset that someone challenged your little prejudice mind that has produced the perception that Bill Gates is the great villain that has never produced anything of value and seeks to enslave humanity in some way. I will not reply to you in any discussion you creationist waste of oxygen even though I am sure you will have something to say to back your ignorant prejudice.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Just keep it civil and that goes for both of you. It was nice to see this kind of thread go on for this long but once we all start hurling insults at each other, its just going to get locked.

Everybody has their own thoughts and feelings about this and thats how it should be but this is unnecessary
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Floppy N'Wah

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

I am sorry i apologize i meant no ill will. just surprised how something as serious as the euthanasia of so many . Is something i very much fear. and hae followed for yrs now before any of this started. reason ive been following this thread. usally just reading not really posting. anyway im sorry.

I have nothing but respect for all you guys. please dont end the thread i wasnt trying to start anything i do disagree but never meant tempers to flare

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm happy for topic to stay open for now, but please do continue being civil to each other. These are trying times and I understand emotions are high. Robust conversation is fine, insults and other aggressive behaviour is not.

Please also avoid fringe conspiracy theories and quack medical advice, or I will close this. I swear some of the content on social media right now is approximately the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

I'd love to drop into this topic later and for us all to share our experiences as we come out the other side. It's rare to watch something of this scale unfold, and the conversation here is capturing our experiences almost from the start. Reading back over this in a year or two with full hindsight is going to be fascinating. So please keep it friendly and sane for the sake of our future selves.

Be safe everyone. :)

Floppy N'Wah

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

Thanks guys, and im sorry to the guy i made mad.
I totally understand why most dont believe in what is considered fringe conspiracy stories.
in a world of people that believe in bigfoot, aliens or the overused illuminati lizard people. that said in the 1940s people didnt believe a first world nation like germany would never kill people in death camps. in the 1970s nobody believed Pol pot was killing off his own people. that the US would experiment on its own people MK Ultra in the 70s and 80s(freedom of information act) or Agent Orange in Nam. I'm from America and in the past president with Obama care Sarah Palin told the world of the death panels(end of life program) and many said it was a conspiracy its not true dont fear anything. well My Mother who was a cancer survivor and the goverment decided she was not worth saving or paying for after they forced her into the welfare system. and when the cancer returned the Dr. she had been going to for 2 decades. With tears in his eyes said "They" wont let me treat you" but the death panels was just a fringe conspiracy

But now with the Bill Gates conspiracy has become more mainstream in light of recent events. Since my mothers death i have listened and believe the words that come out of the mouths of our leaders and rich. for over a decade now Bill gates has said we need to depopulate the world due to climate crisis and overpopulation.
(a few sources - www.healthfreedom.org DEC 16 2010 bill gates promotes and funds euthanasia - wall street journal May 26 2009 Billionaaires to shrink worlds population - and many more youtube videos with Bill Gates and other rich and or powerful individuals say it out of there own mouths) just a few things to look up yourselves figured the two i used was credible sources and no where near the recent event. I hope its all just a coincidence. But the thing about conspiracies is as the old saying goes where there is smoke there is fire.

Anyway just thpught after everything today thought i'd explain my thinking earlier. is it vaccines 5G or the enclave from fallout i dont know...... Good luck and stay safe and healthy

more Sources: https://computingforever.com/2020/04/...
Last edited by Floppy N'Wah on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Whatever our individual circumstances and beliefs, you have my deepest sympathies losing a parent to cancer. We've also lost someone we love to cancer and it's such a terrible and powerless feeling. Almost 20 years later and that loss still stings. Every time we reach a new stage of life they should have been here for, I only miss them even more. I hope you and family are doing OK.

Please keep topic on track from here guys. COVID-19 is touching all of our lives and there's plenty of material to discuss without adding speculation. I want to hear how you're all getting through lockdown in your part of the world. For myself, I have to leave the room real quick as my wife (now working permanently from home) is about to jump on a video call with her boss and a problem client. That means it's her turn to use our little home office while I go and sit in the lounge for a bit. :D