TCRF and Daggerfall

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Dr. Dingles

TCRF and Daggerfall

Post by Dr. Dingles »

Hi there. I'm the main writer behind TCRF's Daggerfall article. For those not in the know, TCRF is largely focused on finding unused and obscure content in games. And seeing as Daggerfall was rushed out the door, it has a lot of unused content. While many of them simply lack references, there could be things in the game that are placed outside of what's normally seen like NPCs below the ground.

I've been slowly getting around to it, but I'm still fairly sure there's still a lot of unused content to point out like in-game sprites for Lysandus's ghost and more unused models. Admittedly, things have slowed down for it, but do feel free to point out anything that's missing in the article.

I recently added some of the findings from the BetaArchive threads, like the random piece of German text in the game's data.

Here's the article in progress.

There are also subpages for things like the two demos that came out in 1995, (incomplete) documentation on z.cfg in the Notes page, and images to promote the game.

Jay_H

Re: TCRF and Daggerfall

Post by Jay_H »

Awesome! I had already seen it awhile back, to think of material to mod in. Thanks a lot for the work you put in!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey divingkataetheweirdo, welcome to the forums. :)

Just had a read of that TCRF article, awesome stuff. Incredibly, I wasn't even aware of this site until now. Now in my content rotation.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Having this topic here, I figured I'd mention that the "Unused Spell" section is in error, IMO. Most or all of its entries are Daggerfall's illicit substances. Attempting to Use any of them inflicts a painful damage over time condition. If you already knew that and were attempting to link the spells to something else, I'm in error then.

Dr. Dingles

Post by Dr. Dingles »

Thanks, Jay_H. I fixed it. I'd also like to note I'm updating the prototype and main articles a little bit to include some extra things I overlooked when I first looked into Daggerfall.

I'm also hoping to get some more textures from the demos up soon.