Microsoft buys Zenimax!

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Seferoth

Microsoft buys Zenimax!

Post by Seferoth »

That was some big move by Microsoft. To be honest this gives me hope that we might get good TES and Fallout games again in the future. Big daddy Microsoft wont let these franchises go to waste and i doubt they let mr.liar liar Howard do what he pleases with these series anymore. Also New Vegas 2 is an actual possibility as Microsoft now owns both Obsidian and Bethesda, or imagine a TES game made by Obsidian. It will be very interesting to see what Microsoft will do with all these franchises.

WhiskeyTangoWoodElf

Re: Microsoft buys Zenimax!

Post by WhiskeyTangoWoodElf »

IN terms of Future Besthesda games, feeling much more optimistic about the quality we will be getting. However, I would Imaginer Starfield is a little down the pipe to be truly affected for good or ill.

My question would be what does this mean for Daggerfall unity? Could we see Microsoft throw us a bone/sourcecode/publciity if asked? Or is nouthing at all the most favorable scenario?

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

It sounds a bit scary. I hope Microsoft's legions of lawyers will leave DFU be. :(

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

N_Molson wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 pm It sounds a bit scary. I hope Microsoft's legions of lawyers will leave DFU be. :(
Well Microsoft is far more understanding towards fan games than Bethesda/Zenimax, just look how many fangames and projects Bethesda destroyed.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I have no idea what this means for DFU - probably nothing. So long as Daggerfall remains free and we don't try to make any kind of profit, projects like this and OpenMW should continue to be tolerated.

But if someone at Microsoft wants to put an awesome version of Daggerfall on Game Pass, I can hook them up. :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:53 am I have no idea what this means for DFU - probably nothing. So long as Daggerfall remains free and we don't try to make any kind of profit, projects like this and OpenMW should continue to be tolerated.

But if someone at Microsoft wants to put an awesome version of Daggerfall on Game Pass, I can hook them up. :D
Hahaha, to be honest, i think quite many people would be happy to have Daggerfall Unity on Game Pass. :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Well... it cant get any worse than it is with Bethesda, so it can only get better with this move.

Todd on the other hand...
That... person...
He should go.
16 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Well, atleast it wasn't EA. :D
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hellmasker wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:34 pm Well, atleast it wasn't EA. :D
We would have 16 times the microtransactions. :D

Baler

Post by Baler »

I just hope they leave DF free and allow DFU to continue.