Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Arl

Post by Arl »

Hi, sorry for making a whole topic just for this, but I have troubles trying to upload an image as an avatar.

The pages replies that "The avatar’s Filesize must be between 0 and 6 KiB", and there's no option to link an image from another source.

How can I achieve such low size in a 90x90 RGB image? even saving in JPG with the maximum compression leaves the file size like 16 KB or so.

Sorry if this is too stupid to ask...
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Daschluba

Re: Avatar image.

Post by Daschluba »

Don't worry, it's not a stupid question. Mind uploading the file you want to use? I could probably help you then.

So i have a problem too, does anyone here now how i get the black background of my image to disappear?

Arl

Post by Arl »

Daschluba wrote:Don't worry, it's not a stupid question. Mind uploading the file you want to use? I could probably help you then.
Sure, the one from my Bethsoft forum account: http://forums.bethsoft.com/uploads/prof ... 948282.jpg

Daschluba wrote:So i have a problem too, does anyone here now how i get the black background of my image to disappear?
You mean change the black color to another or make it transparent? if it's the second you have to use a tranlucid pixel compatible format like .PNG or .GIF.

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Code: Select all

You mean change the black color to another or make it transparent? if it's the second you have to use a tranlucid pixel compatible format like .PNG or .GIF.
Thanks for helping me with that question, the problem is not the saving it is that i have no idea on how to make it transparent.

Hhmm so just to be clear you want to make the file you linked me to to your avatar pic right? And the problem is that it's to big right? If yes it's weird cause i downloaded it and it is only 2,83 KB big which should already be small enough. So did i get something wrong???
Attachments
Just download and test it, should be small enough. I mean it is the right one or?
Just download and test it, should be small enough. I mean it is the right one or?
photo-948282.jpg (2.83 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
Last edited by Daschluba on Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Wow, I don't know what happend, maybe when I downloaded it the forst time it got corrupt or something, I downloaded again and it seems to be good now, weir... ...but anyway, thank you!

Daschluba wrote:

Code: Select all

Thanks for helping me with that question, the problem is not the saving it is that i have no idea on how to make it transparent.

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Wow thanks for making it transparent. And about your pic great that it works now, the topic was the exact opposite of stupid i mean we both got our pic's now :D .

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've increased the max avatar size to 20kb, and dimensions to 120x120. I will also upload some galleries of Daggerfall faces and sprites like we had on the old forums.

Another tip for keeping file size down: save your avatar as a GIF. Great little format, that one.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Great!

(at least some good things came out because of my foolishness).