Video Creation Advice?

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
afritz1

Video Creation Advice?

Post by afritz1 »

I was wondering how Interkarma and others make some of the videos for Daggerfall Unity. I've never really gotten into video creation or screen recording until recently, so I was just curious about what some of the options were. Basically, I'd like to put a demo of my Arena engine on YouTube so people can see it in action (it'd also be a form of documentation for how the project is progressing). I don't expect to make that many videos, so I don't need a top-shelf editing application or anything like that.

I'm trying out the free version of Bandicam right now and it seems to work fine. Should I get the full version or is there a better idea?

I like the simple way that text is displayed in this Daggerfall Tools for Unity video. I'd like to do something like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vwPa2vcRY

Interkarma

Re: Video Creation Advice?

Post by Interkarma »

No expert here but I muddle my way through with the following tools:

Nvidia's GeForce Experience (requires an nvidia card) for recording. You can set this up to start and stop recording manually. It does a pretty great job of capturing HD gameplay without any watermarks or branding.

Windows Movie Maker for editing - This old beast still works fine in Win10, but unfortunately Microsoft have pulled support for it and dropped the download. Would anyone have some suggestions for a good free (or open source) replacement?

afritz1

Re: Video Creation Advice?

Post by afritz1 »

I have an AMD graphics card, and I found Radeon ReLive to be exactly what I need. I'll try making a video with that.