Other Elder Scrolls

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Narf the Mouse

Re: Other Elder Scrolls

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:12 am Has anybody else touched tes3mp? I just installed it and I am ecstatic. I had no idea installation would be so easy and it's really a fully-functioning MMO. I'm amazed people aren't talking about it more.
Between DFU, OpenMW, various published games, other hobbies, programming, other stuff... No time. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If both TES3MP and DFU go 1.0 in 2019, it will be the year of TES :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Bethesda giving away Morrowind free for one day: http://cogconnected.com/2019/03/bethesd ... ree-today/

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:52 pm Bethesda giving away Morrowind free for one day: http://cogconnected.com/2019/03/bethesd ... ree-today/
...and now until end of the weekend. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Circuitous

Post by Circuitous »

Man I know it was two years ago, but that guy was really mad about ESO!

Over time, ESO has eclipsed Daggerfall as my favorite TES game. It's been steadily improving since its (extremely rocky) release, and the lore's not even half as busted as people seem to think. I'd be up for talking more about it, if people care.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I recently watched a documentary about TES development and one of the things that struck me is Todd Howard saying his development philosophy was about reducing skills that where superficial. One of the examples was the language skills found in Daggerfall. To me this is the cause of what the TES games have become, to be fair I have played every TES game from Daggerfall on and enjoyed them to one extent or another, I also fully expect to give TES VI a look when it is released. But the philosophy that Bethesda now has of lets not build anything up but stream line systems into each other as much as we can really bums me out. As does how a lot of the founding and base line designers of the TES universe where pushed out of the picture.

Really to me the only saving grace for both the TES and Fallout universe is the player community that is willing to mod the games to improve and expand them.

jman0war

TES VI rumors

Post by jman0war »

So i presume you're familiar with the alleged leak of TES VI info?
Particularly interesting is that it's set in High Rock and Hammerfell and the main story and centers around Direnni Tower.
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/BethesdaSoftwo ... urce=share

Direnni Tower: that's a neat place!
And one that i had spent a fair amount of time on...
I put up a post on the official forums that shows some of the work i was doing then.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38 ... e%5B%5D=en
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Interkarma

Re: TES VI rumors

Post by Interkarma »

Sounds awesome, if the leaked info is good. Looking forward to ES6 in any case. It's been way too long since I had a good fix. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

The rumors, like pretty much all other rumors, are fake - read a little further down into the Reddit topic. I just ignore these hoaxes. We'll see more officially when it's ready to be seen. I will never understand the incredibly desperate craving for internet attention that drives people of this ilk, but it is what it is.

(See my profile picture? You can trust me on this.)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Well, Bethesda's apparently been in a long legal battle for the name "Redfall" from a novel writer who owns the trademark. Until that case is settled, if it is relevant, it would make sense for TES6 to not reveal its regional name.

While we're posting about TES hoaxes, my personal favorite is this one.

(I'm thinking of merging this topic into Other Elder Scrolls discussion, since it's now just a minor event rather than a breakthrough. Would that be a problem jman0war?)