Other Elder Scrolls

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Biboran

Re: Other Elder Scrolls

Post by Biboran »

jman0war wrote:So i logged into my Steam account and they are pushing "Morrowind Online".
Looks like a remastered MW, which looks like a pretty major graphical improvement to the original.

I bet the people at openmw.org are feeling a bit peeved.
What? That ESO addon? How that crap can touch mortowind community?

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

jman0war wrote:So i logged into my Steam account and they are pushing "Morrowind Online".
Looks like a remastered MW, which looks like a pretty major graphical improvement to the original.

I bet the people at openmw.org are feeling a bit peeved.
Ok, so there's an Elder Scrolls MMO called "Elder Scrolls Online". It's made by another company, who's licensed the setting (AFAIK).

That you haven't heard about it should give you a good idea of how popular it isn't. :/

*Low draw distance, changes to the lore (again), MMO class-based tropes, generally not considered that interesting.

Anyway, Morrowind Online is an expansion for ESO that adds Morrowind to the game.

I haven't played it myself, though, so it might be amazingly fun and just got bad critical reception. Anyway...

Edit: ESO launched in 2014.

* LIke, original Morrowind low.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Narf the Mouse wrote:I haven't played it myself, though, so it might be amazingly fun and just got bad critical reception. Anyway...
No, it shit and morrowind fans already make jokes how this broke most basic lore - it maded by people who know tes only by tes5 most probably.
And it bad as a game, it boring modern mmo on swtor engine

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

I remember playing MW when it fist came out and the first time I tried using a weapon I held the right mouse button and began swinging the mouse around, expecting it to be the same as Daggerfall.
Of course nothing happened except my view was wildly moving around.

I was like WTF. Why would they change that?
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I was quite disappointed by the change from Daggerfall's Dark Souls-esque combat style (everything's in your control) to Morrowind's RNG style (nothing's in your control except clicking rate). But not to be misunderstood, I love Morrowind for a lot of reasons.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Morrowind lost one important thing - different speed for different type of attack for different weapons
Like if there was
Attack1: damage 3 speed 1
Attack2: damage 1 speed 3
Attack3: damage 2 speed 2
There will be reasons to use different attacks. But there no such things so - always best attack - click click click

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I think Morrowind had an internal attack rate for each weapon, but the difference was small and it's not seen written anywhere in-game. UESP posts some kind of speed rating for each weapon but I don't know how they derived it.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Jay_H wrote:I think Morrowind had an internal attack rate for each weapon, but the difference was small and it's not seen written anywhere in-game. UESP posts some kind of speed rating for each weapon but I don't know how they derived it.
Yes each weapon had an attack speed.
I remember as a low level character i had a Spear (very quick attack speed) and i was able to defeat any melee attacking enemy using the simple technique of just drawing my weapon first and letting them walk into it.
Sometimes such combat would require 5+ minutes before their health finally ran out.

It was like, Death by a thousand pin pricks.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

jman0war wrote:
Jay_H wrote:I think Morrowind had an internal attack rate for each weapon, but the difference was small and it's not seen written anywhere in-game. UESP posts some kind of speed rating for each weapon but I don't know how they derived it.
Yes each weapon had an attack speed.
I remember as a low level character i had a Spear (very quick attack speed) and i was able to defeat any melee attacking enemy using the simple technique of just drawing my weapon first and letting them walk into it.
Sometimes such combat would require 5+ minutes before their health finally ran out.

It was like, Death by a thousand pin pricks.
If you hold down the mouse button, your attack will be more powerful. About a second does it.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I love it when modders try to incorporate Daggerfall into future TES titles. It just makes a lot more sense lore-wise for at least some places to have a High Rock theme. This is from the Morrowind mod Havish: