Re Twitter

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Aleryn

Re: Re Twitter

Post by Aleryn »

Throw my hat in the ring of appreciation for the easier input for travel destinations. I remember some of Daggerfall's more oddball named locations being good challenges as a young typist.

Jaiysaun

Post by Jaiysaun »

Holy crap, that's an awesome addition. I usually mispell a new location at least twice before finding it. :D

pango

Post by pango »

10th anniversary of Arena and Daggerfall becoming free to play according to
https://twitter.com/DosGamesCOM/status/ ... 1315438592
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Congrats on hitting Alpha!

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I've been waiting since 2014, or to be more truthful, since I first played Daggerfall for this moment. I can't even use words to describe how hyped I am!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I was hoping for this to happen for a very long time as well, observing the DaggerXL forums with high hope just to face a let down many of us shared I guess. Than at v 0.2 I found DFU on the Utube, and I was hooked. Had no idea on how to contribute to the process, so I just lurked the forums and cheered, than AlexanderSig needed help with old re-texture mod from DaggerXL times, and I did the monkey job renaming the textures. Than I created 1st texture and got it ingame and ooops 2 years went by very fast since than LOL!!

So happy this is happening, its incredible achievemnt!!!

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/ ... 3932477440
I've just spent the first 5 hours of my day answering emails, reddit posts, forum posts, private messages, etc. all just for Daggerfall Unity. I'm wondering how other solo #indiedev folks handle this kind of thing once their game gets a little bit of attention. Because right now I'm struggling to stay on top of helping the community while still creating free time to work on the game. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!
I'm involved with the Wiki effort (hopefully being hosted by UESP) and I hope that will make answering many common questions as easy as copy+pasting a link. Pasting links doesn't have to be done by Gavin either.

Honestly, Gavin, I think it's perfectly acceptable to just direct people to the forum or let us do it for you. I see your posts on the subreddit and find it very impressive but you don't need to carry the whole world on your back. We will be mining all of your posts here and on reddit for info to make the wiki very complete - you have already answered so much.

Everyone else: how can we help Gavin?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you Azteca. Some good advice came out of that tweet. The key is definitely to centralise information and make it public so that anyone who goes looking can find it. I see what's happening with the wiki as an amazing development.

I'll try to carry everything less by myself and lean some more on other knowledgeable folks to help when they can. I know many of you already help here and on Reddit, and I'm very grateful.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ted Peterson if offering to expand on his Daggerfall books for Daggerfall Unity. If you're on Twitter and would like to give Ted some feedback about books you'd like to see, my tweet about this is below.

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/ ... 3705084928

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

So will text continue to get autoscaled with resolution or will we be able to define a static size? To me, that's what's going to determine readability, as it's sort of a view distance thing, not a window size thing. For example, this forum's font size doesn't get super small or super large based on whether I have it in windowed or fullscreen. It stays at a defined setting appropriate for my monitor size and view distance.