Re Twitter

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Interkarma

Re: Re Twitter

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the encouragement! It really helps me to stay motivated. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Effects roadmap updated! But I don't see Slowfall in the list - is it included as part of another listed effect?

And another question on the effects roadmap - some effect numbers (25, 32, 36-38, 41-42, maybe 45+?) don't appear in the list. Did those reference effects in the game code that were never actually implemented in vanilla Daggerfall?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I have forgotten to add Slowfall to list. I'll fix this soon, it's on my near-term list to implement.

The numbers are based on classic's Primary/Secondary numbering system. Not all effects are present in classic Daggerfall, and I don't include them on roadmap. The first table on this page lists them out with a tick for removed or not implemented effects.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:SPELLS.STD_indices

I have no plans to implement effects not present in classic. Restoring cut content is more of modding thing.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks for the answers! And I wouldn't expect base DFU to implement any effects not used in vanilla Daggerfall - as you say, that's modding territory. Good luck as you keep moving through the effects - looking forward to messing around with the new spells. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Tormenting the city watch with Invisibility True (which doesn't break when I attack them).
This isn't going to be like levitate, where you'll let us cast it on enemies, right? :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Magical concealment effects do allow for casting on others. One of my next jobs is to make the effect work on enemy mobiles. Will also need this support for enemies to cast it upon themselves.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Oh, good. Once this is available in quests I'll be setting up traps with invisible-true Vampire Ancients and so forth. Good thing Daggerfall doesn't have a See Invisible effect :lol: Thanks Interkarma!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You are an evil, evil person. :lol:

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Looks like Detect Enemy will need to be the next new spell effect!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

All effects for poison spells are implemented, so it should be fairly easy to add a poison to weapon and apply spell on strike.
Wait, does this mean players could actually use poisoned weapons? Or would it just be enemies like in classic?