arena saves

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Regnier

arena saves

Post by Regnier »

hey so i got too cavalier with my saving in Arena and forgot which exact one i left off at.

I know i could just take the latest save date but, when i load that, my inventory has items that should still be in for repair/ sold.

But when i load the only other one that would be correct, my inventory looks more correct but i have much less experience built up.

I think i remember arena crashing but i was so zombied by playing late lol.

I should maybe take the more experience save and be happy i have equipment to sell?

are these the saves to be concerned with and does the chronology always correspond to the actual saves?

lol thanks
Attachments
arena savegames.png
arena savegames.png (28.02 KiB) Viewed 833 times

Jay_H

Re: arena saves

Post by Jay_H »

Arena's save system is weird. If Windows is showing you the most recent data, then that's the most recent save; I know Arena does things in a pretty awkward manner, but I don't think anyone has made a clear guide to showing how the data lines up properly.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:47 am Arena's save system is weird. If Windows is showing you the most recent data, then that's the most recent save; I know Arena does things in a pretty awkward manner, but I don't think anyone has made a clear guide to showing how the data lines up properly.
Thanks, I went with the higher XP save, im pretty sure arena crashed on me and i lost a bunch.

A couple more questions if anyone knows the answer:

Does repairing gear make it sell for higher?

and i just had another crash with the error: 'insufficient base memory'. Its obvious its a memory problem but hth do i not have enough memory?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

and i just had another crash with the error: 'insufficient base memory'. Its obvious its a memory problem but hth do i not have enough memory?
That's not really your problem, it's just a matter of how Arena processed memory back in those days. The longer you play in a single session, the more the memory gets eaten up. Back in 1995 people couldn't play for more than 30 minutes or so, but now we can go for longer. Still, the same problem will happen.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:18 am
That's not really your problem, it's just a matter of how Arena processed memory back in those days. The longer you play in a single session, the more the memory gets eaten up. Back in 1995 people couldn't play for more than 30 minutes or so, but now we can go for longer. Still, the same problem will happen.
ok thanks, ill just save often