Hello

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
3D Lunatic

Hello

Post by 3D Lunatic »

Just want to say hello to the team.

I found out about Daggerfall Unity today, and it blew my mind. It's my all-time favourite game.

I'd like to be part of the team working on this project. My specialty is 3D, but in the last 8 months I've been learning Unity and developing some small mobile games.

If there is interest in creating 3D assets for Dagerfall Unity, such as converting some of the objects which are 2D sprites into actual 3D models, I would love to help with that. I'm looking forward to being part of the team, if I can be of any help.

Feeling quite nostalgic and exstatic right now!!

Interkarma

Re: Hello

Post by Interkarma »

Hey 3D Lunatic, welcome to the forums. :)

Have a look through the Community Workshop area. There's a few mod projects in the works around replacing art and 3D models. This is possible thanks to the modding frameworks developed by TheLacus and Lypyl.

TheLacus wrote some good docs on how to swap textures and models. Some of the others working on this have already gone through the learning curve and can no doubt offer help if you get stuck.

The best outcomes so far are when people just get stuck in and create something. If you've got some familiarity with Unity, it's not too hard to get new assets into the game (although there are some limitation still) and package things into a mod package for others to play with. Feel free to start a thread in the Creator's Corner and show off some of your work sometime.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums! :)

Deathcrush

Post by Deathcrush »

Welcome friend.
"Excuse the gloom, but none may know of this meeting."

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Yeah, some friend of mine is complaining that a harpy's got loose in his general store. If you take care of it, that'll be 120 gold pieces for you. What say you, 3D Lunatic?
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.