The DFU Character Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Jay_H

Re: The DFU Character Thread

Post by Jay_H »

DFU is hard!!

I just lost a character due to some bad decisions. Via perpetual quest I let myself get abducted by orcs while on my way to the knightly order. (Allowing the abduction was my first bad choice.) In the dungeon I was trapped between an underwater segment and one of those underground stables with four skeletal warriors. My best efforts to fight them off were useless, and I soon died running down a steep slope in an attempt to escape.

Goodbye Adventurer I, you lasted so long yet have so little to your name. Next character's using blunt weaponry of some kind so I don't die to skeletons.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

"Rest well this night, for tomorrow you sail for the kingdom of Arkay."
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Sir Vernak wanted to be a knight.
The Knights of Daggerfall wanted for entry, Sir Vernak to kill a giant with a burn mark on it.
The giant with a burn mark on it wanted to kill Sir Vernak.
Only one of those designated in this riddle got their wish.

Sir_Vernak.png
Sir_Vernak.png (415.7 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

:lol: Once the word "giant" came into play, the conclusion was decided :) Really, DFU is hard, and it's a great breath of fresh air. I've had to abandon a few quests already just because there's no way I can match them in combat.

One was a quest to defend a city residence. I managed to kill the first 3 thieves losing 80% of my health. The last one appeared, and by sheer luck I pacified him with speech skill. We sort of stared at each other for a tense moment, and I figuratively said, "This isn't worth it. The house is yours!" and bailed. Saved my life and lost Fighters Guild rep. I love the difficulty of some of the decisions I have to make.

pango

Post by pango »

That's why I like the original mysterious soundtrack...
I often don't have a strong enough sense of self irony for an epic soundtrack :lol:
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Behold!
Attachments
Friendly_Neighborhood_Cat-man.png
Friendly_Neighborhood_Cat-man.png (643.08 KiB) Viewed 2459 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Primary are Climbing, Jumping, and Hand to Hand?

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:36 am Primary are Climbing, Jumping, and Hand to Hand?
Blunt weapon primary, archery secondary, hand-to-hand tertiary. It isn't a strict parody of any particular character.

Also, maaaybe a bit of "Good choice on the red trousers!"

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Theodeus Gernault has made it out of Privateer's Hold without dying! I'm playing Roguelike style, with no reloading, except for death from random dungeon furniture, though, as there's no way to avoid that.

Picture of Theodeus Gernault in front of the gates to Chesterwark:
Theodeus Gernault.png
Theodeus Gernault.png (757.59 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I love the death from furniture part, it's so suspenseful....
Check out my YouTube Channel!