The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Interkarma

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the kudos. It really gave me a boost this morning. :)

SmoothTalk

Post by SmoothTalk »

Hey,

Just wanted to throw a huge thank you out to Interkarma and the community at large for really helping to make 2021 start off great. I started following this project a long time ago when it seemed more like a neat POC, but forgot about it until late last year when I noticed it was nearing beta. I've loved TES and was always fascinated with DF, so needless to say I have been loving DFU so far.
For as much time as I've spent actually playing and installing mods, I've fallen in love with working on a couple of mod ideas I've had since picking up DFU. This is only possible through the great code base and wonderful resources provided here (and through Nexus) so a huge shoutout to the selfless folks who take time out their day and projects to assist. I, too, will probably have many questions so thank you ahead of time :D

Very excited to see the wonderful things this community creates and looking forward to contributing!

-Smooth

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey SmoothTalk welcome to the forums, and thanks for the kind words! :) I always get a boost hearing about people are enjoying the game.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Just realised that I've been a member for over 2 years and never introduced myself.

I'm a 31 year old guy who used to live in South Africa but moved to New Zealand 4 years ago. For the last 2 years, I was studying a Diploma in Electrical Engineering but finished the course just before Christmas.

I've been into PC gaming since around 2000 when my dad brought the family's first PC home, the first being Pharaoh and Dune 2000. My introduction to the Elder Scrolls series was Oblivion when one of my brother's friends lent us his copy for the 2006 Christmas holidays. This game was different from anything else I had played so far and fell in love with it. I later also learned to love the ability to easily mod it with the Construction Set. I became pretty active in it's modding community as a result until around Skyrim's release and still have some ideas for mods I want to make.

Since then, I have played all of the main TES games to varying degrees.
Arena: I never made it past the first town mainly thanks to it's mouse controls.
Daggerfall: Got further but to this day, I haven't gotten past meeting Lady Brisienna. I think it was the constantly low FPS, terrible dungeon map and some controls that made me quit. I'll very likely manage to finish the game now since DFU has fixed all of those gripes.
Morrowind: Got around halfway through the story and finished Bloodmoon but something made me stop. I should give the game another go now that OpenMW is pretty much finished.
Oblivion and Skyrim: In both cases, I finished the Main Quest and most of the guilds but haven't touched the DLC content.
And don't ask me which was my favourite. For me, it's like asking a parent to pick their favourite child.

So thank you Interkarma and everyone else for making Daggerfall not only playable but also easily moddable. This has also been my introduction to C# and Unity, so thanks for that as well.
Finally, at the moment, when I'm not working on DFU, I'm going through my collection of Total War games. My current campaign is in Rome 1 crushing everyone else as the Western Romans.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for sharing your story XJDHR. Please accept my belated "welcome to the forums!" :D

Thank you for all your work on DFU so far. You're very patient and you've got a good eye for finding (and fixing) problems. It has been a pleasure bouncing stuff around with you on git.

burgesssally787

Post by burgesssally787 »

Hello everybody!
I don't know how to talk about myself, especially in new companies ... my name is Sally, I'm 25. for some time I was already on this forum as a reader and today I decided to register. I want to thank the whole Daggerfall team for the work they've done and the work they will do in the future. And wish everyone a good day!
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its pupils."
worktime-employee monitoring software

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums burgesssally787! :D

Morgina

Post by Morgina »

Well, hello guys! DFU is a great thing, and I wish good luck in future development =)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hello Morgina! Thank you for the well wishes. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Welcome to all newcomers, nice to see new ppl visiting the DFU forums ;)