The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Jay_H

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Jay_H »

It's a rather obscure joke from Morrowind's development. You can read about it here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/General:Fishy_Stick

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for answering Jay. :)

Captain Eldrad joined the forums several months before I did in 2001. There were already a lot of fishy sticks being thrown around by the time I came along to show off Daggerfall Media, which evolved into Daggerfall Explorer. That whole time stands so large and bright in my memory. I was still in my mid-20s, had just started dating a special someone, and was about to start my own business. I felt really good about making Daggerfall stuff and enjoyed being part of those early Bethesda forums before Morrowind.

Fishy sticks carried over to the old Workshop Forums in 2004 because some of the same people visited my forums. It only felt right to make a nod back to that time and place when starting up my forums again here.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:12 pm This is more of a "goodbye" than a "hello", but due to some major changes in my work schedule together with the need for my wife and I to start caring full-time for my disabled nephew, I'll likely have very little, if any, time and energy going forward to devote to DFU and updating the UESP Daggerfall wiki (though I've detailed the current status of the classic Daggerfall wiki pages in the first post of the stickied topic at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2514).

I just wanted to say that I've appreciated the community spirit Interkarma and other veteran DFU developers have fostered over the years even more than I ever remember enjoying Daggerfall itself back in the day, and I love to see a project like this open up so much fun for gamers new and old. Thanks to all for the good times. I hope to check in every once in a long while, but for now, take care, and all the best!
Hey Mike, I wish you and your nephew the best, stay strong! It was very nice having you around, I hope one day you get back to see how the project grows. Laters mate!

LuckyMan

Post by LuckyMan »

Hi!
I am Dirk, playing games since my childhood, initially I started playing games when I was 6~ years old.
In general I was playing lineage2, but exactly first game were on sega.
At the moment I am waiting for a black friday, so I will buy a new pc and start streaming career with gaming content :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey LuckyMan, welcome to the forums. :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

LuckyMan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:21 pm Hi!
I am Dirk, playing games since my childhood, initially I started playing games when I was 6~ years old.
In general I was playing lineage2, but exactly first game were on sega.
At the moment I am waiting for a black friday, so I will buy a new pc and start streaming career with gaming content :D
Welcome!

If you start streaming, consider joining the "Lysandus' Tomb" discord to post your streams there ;)

Gilga

Post by Gilga »

A bit late, but figured I'd say hello officially.
Hello, I'm new to Daggerfall and oldschool CRPGs in general.
Currently going through the game and it's a very interesting experience.
Big thanks to DU team and modding community for all the progress they've made in bringing this classic to the modern audience.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Gilga, thank you and welcome to the forums! :)

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Huh, I never formally introduced myself either... soo...

Hi, I'm Asgar, and I'm a Daggerfall addict :mrgreen:

Tho you probably know me as reporter of small, annoying bugs already :P
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Welcome to Daggerfall Anonymous, please take a sip.. I mean seat :)