The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Antiscamp

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Antiscamp »

Thanks, guys!

And hey, Cliffworms! Yeah, I like how this project speaks to nostalgia, while also allowing for totally new approaches. Like the Tedious Travel mod. That just have to be something of the best to ever happen Daggerfall lol

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

We're being quite inundated with new talent here, but few of them are actually saying hi! Make yourselves known, folks!

pyoroMSX

Post by pyoroMSX »

hey y'all

I've been playing daggerfall for a good while, it's a game I find myself coming back to often
With Dagerfall Unity allowing for mods, I want to attempt to learn how to mod the game. I'm not all that knowledgeable, but you gotta start somewhere

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! :)

krazha

Post by krazha »

Hi all,

Jumping in. Big Morrowind player, only recently got into DF a few weeks ago through DFU. Big fan so far, have to say. Once I have a bit better feel for the game as a whole, my plan is to make some repeatable content specific to each kingdom to give them some variation.

MaxiM

Post by MaxiM »

Hey everyone!

Way to start from the rear-end, first requesting features like an entitled brat and only THEN stopping by to say hello - that's me in a nutshell :P

New DF player here (for real), but a day 1 fan of Morrowind. Seeing as ever since MW the series was/is in a decline I've decided to finally give DF a solid try (Arena is too far gone for me), so I did and it sucked me in like there's no tomorrow. Must have pumped like 100h+ into the game within the last 2 weeks or so. I was playing DOS version until after LVL15 I started encountering Vampire Ancients way too often and they are FUBAR in vanilla. Checked how DFU handles them and decided to migrate immediately, despite the fact that I wanted to play through entire game in it's original, buggy, messy, but also very nostalgic glory first. I guess you could say I had to draw the line on clearly broken enemies that one-shot kill me then continue juggling my still warm corpse in the air like it's Tekken. Now trying to embrace DFU, just waiting for few "minor" updates to really feel at home ;)
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

~ George Bernard Shaw

Dalebvr

Post by Dalebvr »

Heh! You think DF is bad -now-? I got the initial release (still have the disc, foil clad box and manuals, whee!). The number of patches it took to get things playable was . . . is distressing a safe enough word? Add to that, we were in the midst of the roll out of Win 95 v1 at that point, and the issues that arose with emem386 then were-- Yeah.

And then we had the beloved Causeway Error! Who remembers that one?! And then Interkarma among others began poking around on the disk and finding the deactivated resources for some really cool features and wondering.....

Believe it or not, a lot of the bugs were squashed in the service releases and patches. Many of the remaining issues belong to the Windows architecture, insanely overpowered processors and memory by late 20th century standards, and the difficulty in setting DOSBox for just the right magic formula. The vampire ancients, yeah, they were definitely bad juju unless you had powergamed a tank of some sort before you went looking for them.

But now that you've been lured by the dark side, I hope you have a lot of fun.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lol that bug in vanilla where the sound got somehow stuck and sounded like a modem screeching. Thanls god that when that happened, it was localized in the world (dungeon) and you was able to actually run away from it. But damn. The loudness of it, the LOUDNESS!!! At night, as u crawl on your toes in a dung and BAMM!!

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:44 pm Lol that bug in vanilla where the sound got somehow stuck and sounded like a modem screeching. Thanls god that when that happened, it was localized in the world (dungeon) and you was able to actually run away from it. But damn. The loudness of it, the LOUDNESS!!! At night, as u crawl on your toes in a dung and BAMM!!
I'm not sure it's the best example of this bug, I seem to remember an even "better" case, but Vengeance Dubstep is great (Grimith' stream):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3WLyNY3glA&t=1726
Almost started a meme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9vXj2nzep4
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lomg thats it!!@

:lol: :lol: :lol: