The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Interkarma

The Big Hello Thread

Post by Interkarma »

Hey everyone! It's great to see people signing up for the forums today. I've created this thread as a place for you to say hello and get to know each other. No pressure though if you don't feel like posting yet. :D

I also think everyone deserves one of these bad boys.

Arctus

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Arctus »

Everyone grab a fishy stick, it's workshop time.

Z-Blaster

Post by Z-Blaster »

I've spent sometime over at the XLEngine forums, now I'm coming over to keep in the Daggerfall community. (And hopefully more ;) )

Dragothor

Post by Dragothor »

I too have spent many a year in the XLEngine forums. It's great to see such an amazing project come to life and the active community around it. Can't wait to see and hear more!

akfordag

Post by akfordag »

Same here, migrating from XLengine to where there's life, Daggerfall life.

Thank you Interkarma for your dedication, thanx to the others joining.
I have no skills whatsoever to help you, but I'll be very happy to intensively help bugfreeing anything that will come out of this project.

So thanx again, and hello all.

Akghar

venim1103

Post by venim1103 »

I've also been lurking in the XLengine forums for a while (years) and after realizing that my dream of playing a bug free, updated Daggerfall will be in a far distant future (DaggerXL and other similar projects), I decided to come here and see what I can do by playing around with these awesome tools myself.

I couldn't be more grateful for these tools to exist. Thank you Interkarma (and others) for your hard work!
I'm really sorry for not being here to support this project from the beginning but as for not being a real developer nor even a good programmer myself, I didn't see myself to be any use here. Now that the tools themselves have developed so much, I can't wait to get my hands on them and try out :)

I am a total newb as far as it goes for game development (and programming in general) and I've only dipped my feet in using the Unity's "free" game engine (and similar) during my free time... But..
After making the decision to support Virtuix Omni a few years back, and soon finally getting the actual treadmill myself, I can't wait to try out, play around and see if I can get it working and then maybe at some point be able to virtually run inside my very own Daggerfallike game, running to the beatiful sunset of Iliac Bay.

I (among all the other people here) might be a bit sadistic for loving a game such as Daggerfall for all these years even after all of it's quirks and bugs and ridiculous game design. But as many here, I can see the ambition the original game had and all of it's potential. I think these tools are the last chance to bring Daggerfall back to life, not maybe the same as the original one, but as something new, something interesting, something thrilling and something game changing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome everyone! It's great to see some new names in addition to the old ones. Everyone's passion for Daggerfall stands out loud and clear. :D
venim1103 wrote:I (among all the other people here) might be a bit sadistic for loving a game such as Daggerfall for all these years even after all of it's quirks and bugs and ridiculous game design. But as many here, I can see the ambition the original game had and all of it's potential. I think these tools are the last chance to bring Daggerfall back to life, not maybe the same as the original one, but as something new, something interesting, something thrilling and something game changing.
Great to hear venim1103. The more people we have creating, the more life we bring back to Daggerfall. :) Be sure to show off anything you create in the Creator's Corner, no matter how large or small. You're right, there's a lot of exciting potential to create new Daggerfall experiences in addition to remastering the game. So much is possible now.

jet800

Post by jet800 »

Migrating here from Xlengine forums. Hello guys, nice to see new faces here and old ones too! :ugeek:

FlinchCat

Post by FlinchCat »

Hello. You might know me from around the internet. Probably not, though. I'm a furry, a massive Elder Scrolls fan in general, and wants to see the true potential of Daggerfall in the Unity Engine unlocked.

yoyolll

Post by yoyolll »

Coming from the xlengine forums too!