The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
DrunkenHollow

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by DrunkenHollow » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Greetings fellow forum dwellers.

I got interested in this game again after watching Zaric Zhakarons recent Youtube video about it. I'm honestly amazed how far this project has progressed. I used to play Daggerfall way back with a dosbox setup, and used to lurk in the DaggerXL forums, sadly I don't think there is a powerful enough necromancer to revive that project.

I'm also looking forward to contributing to modding Daggerfall unity. I'd say I'm somewhat experienced with 3d modeling and texturing, used to go by the username Fallen One in the ancient times of Planet Elderscrolls and the Morrowind modding forums. been doing 3d modeling ever since on and off whenever I had the inspiration. Definitely gonna see if I can turn some of my stuff into inventory art or weapon sprites for DFU.

Cheers. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:21 pm

Welcome to the forums, DrunkenHollow! :)

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:08 am

Hello Daggerfall Unity Community!

I have been playing Daggerfall extensively for probably around 10 or so years and over 2k hours. For me, out of all the games in the Elder Scrolls series, Daggerfall has given me the most enjoyment, with Morrowind and Skyrim (heavily modded) being close seconds. I started following the Daggerfall Unity project a few years back when it was mentioned several times by the gaming streamer Zaric Zhakaron. The thought of a far more stable and playable version of my favorite TES game with additional modding capabilities truly excited me. Since following the project I was very impressed with the speed of development. After playing with it and experimenting with various mods I have really enjoyed the Daggerfall Unity experience so far the last several months and will probably never look back to the buggy mess of the original Daggerfall.

I recently decided to join the forum community to see if there was any way I could contribute. Unfortunately I am not a developer or one with modding experience at the moment (maybe I could learn). I do have some extensive notes and lists with modding ideas for the game if that could help. Not all of the ideas are mine though but I have some notes of how maybe they could be implemented in the game. They are of course just my opinions. I may have a few issues/bugs to report and discuss involving the base game and mods. This may take a little time for me to gather all my material for posting.

I have a few forum posting questions:

1 – Would it be alright if I posted “mega-threads” for larger, more broad topics or should I try to keep things more simple and focused? The only reason would be that I have fairly extensive notes for mod ideas such as for Guilds/Factions and trying to put all of them in separate threads would be challenging for me to keep track of since in my life I have limited time.
2 – Is it ok to put parts of a post in a “spoiler” section for easier reading?
3 – Is it allowed to link Google Docs files in a post? May not need to but thought I’d ask.

A Big Thank You to the developers of Daggerfall Unity for giving us all a better, more stable and a truly SUPERIOR Elder Scrolls experience!!!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:18 am

Welcome! :) Yes, yes, and yes. Organize your thoughts however you like; we're not obsessive about thread necromancing, strict organization, or things like that. If you decide to make a mega-thread, I doubt it'll beat mine for size... ;)

Rand

Post by Rand » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:34 am

Jay_H wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:18 am
I doubt it'll beat mine for size... ;)
Or the number of times edited. 199! :lol:

Interesting reading, though!

You have a way to go to beat the number of posts record though. ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 am

I'm actually amazed how many posts I have. I didn't really start until mid-2017 with the quest system, and I rarely post in mod topics.

I may ask myself, how did I get this many posts?
And you may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"
And you may ask yourself, "Where is that large automobile?"
And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful house"
And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful wife"

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 am

Thank you Jay_H ! I just looked at your mega-post and it’s pretty impressive. I will search the forum and try to make sure I’m not posting ideas that other people already have.