Taverns, Custom Loot, Climbing, Languages, Mod Features

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Taverns, Custom Loot, Climbing, Languages, Mod Features

Post by Interkarma »

This blog post covers the new gameplay and mod features added over the last few weeks.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/taverns-custo ... -features/

Hazelnut

Re: Taverns, Custom Loot, Climbing, Languages, Mod Features

Post by Hazelnut »

Climbing! Woooooo yeah. 8-)

Definitely another signature aspect of daggerfall.

Also, I should also mention that Allofich/R.D. implemented the food menu and hunger tracking for taverns. Collaboration is awesome. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Crap, I knew that and forgot when writing the update. I'll fix that now.

Edit: Fixed! Thanks for the prompt. My apologies Allofich. :)

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Awesome! The game is getting more and more complete, it's incredibly exciting! Kudos and many thanks to Interkarma and all of the contributors, it's almost magic(pun intended!) how quickly new features are added! :D

FilthyCasual523

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

Amazing progress as usual, guys! :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I've been away for a little while, and am once more surprised at how quickly things are moving along thanks to the many dedicated core contributors (Interkarma of course, and especially Allofich, Hazelnut, TheLacus, and others). Can't wait to see more updates to the Roadmap - as others already noted elsewhere, by the time 0.5 is finished, 0.6 and 0.7 will probably be done as well! Excited to see even more progress in 2018. Thanks, everyone!

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Interkarma, I just took a look at the blog entry for the new release.
Allofich has put serious time and effort into this feature to make it less buggy than classic while working exactly the same way.
This isn't quite true, climbing still needs more work. It includes what I could to get it working like classic but I haven't figured it out exactly so this is more of an approximation than most of the stuff I've put in. The skill check is from classic but I haven't figured out exactly when it's called. Also you can't climb out of the water yet unfortunately. But if you could edit the blog post a bit to not "falsely advertise" how good the climbing is, I'd appreciate it. Maybe just note that climbing is in now but will probably go through some more work in the future.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's never my intention to mislead anyone or misrepresent contributor's work. I've updated this text now to state more work is required while still remaining very positive on how the feature is working now. Just let me know if you'd like any further clarification added. :)

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Thanks, I'm sure you don't mean to misrepresent anything. I figure you just assumed I had made it classic-exact, which it isn't. Thanks for the quick response!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Are you going to give us little devpost updates, or are we going to have to wait for a major spell milestone to see what's all gone into the process? :)

Ah, I just noticed you said you'd discuss it soon. Ah well, there's the answer.