Daggerfall Remastered Music Project (Released)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Interkarma

Re: RE: MIDI

Post by Interkarma »

This is very exciting! Music is one those things you just can't enough variants for. Looking forward to hearing more. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for update, im looking forward to it!

EyeBeat

Post by EyeBeat »

Wow great work ByteMixer!

Really cool that you are doing this. I really enjoy what I have heard!

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Thanks. The tracks up through 30 are pretty much done (as well as 5strong). I'm just going through checking for consistency, and making some final minor adjustments to levels at this point.

I should have a download link available in the next couple days.

I won't give myself a deadline for the titled music tracks, since they are a little more complex, and I'll need to look at them individually when there are two variations of the same track to see (well, hear) which variant behaves better. So it will probably take a bit more time than the numbered tracks. I'll just say a soft deadline of late summer.

Of course, I'll post a few tracks as I go just so it doesn't seem like I totally disappeared.
"Whatever you do, make good art." - Neil Gaiman

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Okay, pretty happy with how these all turned out. They wound pretty decent in-game as well. Should be a pretty natural feeling to them in general. The exception might be the tracks with some of the more fx/synth textures, which I took a bit of liberty with regarding layering.

Here's the link to the file on my google drive. Should be everything up to track 30. They are louder than the midi/soundfont tracks that play in game, but not much louder. (thankfully the recent DFU version has an in-game music volume slider now)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11HYJ3 ... pKGkif_XYm

1: Create a folder called Sound inside the DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets folder.

2: extract the .OGG files into Sound as loose files.

If there are any missing tracks, then they weren't available in the list of midi files on the github.

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Also, note that I did notice some slight stutter when the OGG files would load or reload. Might be something to do with how the unity player handles loading and playback of music files. Or it could just be something on my end with my setup. Not sure.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you!! Im listening to them all now, really great job!

There are also some hidden and unused tracks, some of them are quite good, esp D1 would fit ingame. But Im not sure how to get the midi files as they are hidden in the game exe if I understand it right. Maybe someone can do it...

https://tcrf.net/The_Elder_Scrolls_II:_ ... used_Music

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

D1 is in this initial release (as a bit of a bonus). The numbered "D" files up through D10 are in my midi folder as well. 5Strong is also there since it's used in the launcher.

I'll be tackling the D#, dungeon#, dngn/fdngn and titled files in the next phase, as I mentioned earlier. It'll just take me a bit longer to get through them all. I'll post some teasers as I go, but should be done around late summer at some point.

AFAIK the files in the github folder were extracted from the game, and is complete. The link that heilkitty pointed me to in the 3rd post on this thread. https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... rces/Songs

I'll be doing all of them (minus the clones/duplicates of course)

Edit: I just checked your link, yeah, those numbered midi files are already done and in the pack I uploaded. Also in my midi folder are the GSneak2, and Sneaking/Sneaking2 midi files. Basically I'll be remastering all the stuff I have access to regardless if they're in the game or not. If they're in the midi folder, they're getting the treatment!

Edit2: I also updated the first post with the links. Also, for sake of immediacy, I uploaded a hefty selection of the music tracks onto my soundcloud for previewing.

https://soundcloud.com/j-bot-1/sets/dag ... ed-music-1

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Man, I use your music for my gameplays and I must say - after few sessions - your music gives the game another dimension. Its so 10/10... beautiful! Thank you!! Looking forward for more :)

PS: Only one time I noticed small loading of a new track, game froze for a fraction of a second and than the new track started to play. But that was only once... so not a problem for me. Im on SSD disk

ByteMixer

Re: RE: MIDI (a.k.a. Daggerfall Remastered Music Project)

Post by ByteMixer »

Cool! Yeah, I'm guessing the stutter is something to do with the Unity player loading/unloading the music. Might need some optimization, but that's not usually a high priority until near the end of development life cycle AFAIK. Like I said, it's a slight stutter on my end too, and I'm not on an SSD. Just a slight hitch in game play as the music restarts. Not as noticeable on traveling or entering a new area because the music track has usually already started by the time the scene is done loading in.

Anyway, I've started working on D2 thru D10, and should have a preview teaser or two up on my soundcloud soon. ;) Since they're still technically numbered tracks, I might upload them as a mini-pack. Or I might wait until I get all the dungeon related stuff done, and release it all as a more comprehensive pack.

Also changed the original title of this thread since the original post on midi ended up turning into this project, haha.

Meanwhile, non-Daggerfall related, our band's drummer gets back from flight training in a couple weeks, and a little after that we'll probably start performing around Philly once or twice a month. So once we get into doing that regularly, my work on the Daggerfall music might slow a little. (which is another reason I'm not giving myself a deadline this time).

Just a heads up on that. :)