[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ifkopifko

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by ifkopifko »

Whoaaaa! Looks better than Skyrim! :D

BTW: I have been wondering. At least one of the added decorative bushes do not react to the wind. Is that intentional? Specificaly this type:
Attachments
Bush.jpg
Bush.jpg (191.07 KiB) Viewed 11244 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Whoa TheLacus, looks amazing. Imagine spooky mist in graveyards. :shock:

Seterwind

Post by Seterwind »

This mod adds a ton to DFU.

What mod are you using to change the look of the water in DFU?

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Gimi
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

TheLacus wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:24 pm What do you think? I'm getting world position of water locations from tilemap and placing a particle system.
Good idea, but I'm not sure about the particles, what are they suppose to represent? And maybe change their material. To make them less radioactive glowy. :D

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Seterwind wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:31 am What mod are you using to change the look of the water in DFU?
Realtime reflections.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:49 pm Whoa TheLacus, looks amazing. Imagine spooky mist in graveyards. :shock:
Great idea!

The position of a location calculated at line 1048 of StreamingWorld is not the one assigned to the transform. Not sure how location layout works, is scene position accessible somewhere? I can make the same calculations again but i think there is an easier way to get from location instance to terrain position. If not, may be useful to store it in a field?

Ps. attachments seems very unreliable after forum update, sometimes they get lost when i click preview. I'm using imgur as an alternative.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 pm
TheLacus wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:24 pm What do you think? I'm getting world position of water locations from tilemap and placing a particle system.
Good idea, but I'm not sure about the particles, what are they suppose to represent? And maybe change their material. To make them less radioactive glowy. :D
The color is intentionally exagerated to look more fantasy-like than realistic, but i agree is a bit too much. The issue is that it must looks fine in all locations since is not hand placed, and with additive shader is already going from almost transparent to full bright depending on location conditions. Using different materials for day and night might helps.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

TheLacus wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:19 pmThe position of a location calculated at line 1048 of StreamingWorld is not the one assigned to the transform. Not sure how location layout works, is scene position accessible somewhere? I can make the same calculations again but i think there is an easier way to get from location instance to terrain position. If not, may be useful to store it in a field?

Ps. attachments seems very unreliable after forum update, sometimes they get lost when i click preview. I'm using imgur as an alternative.
I'll take a look at exposing required position for you.

I've noticed that sometimes with attachments as well. Not sure if theme or phpbb itself at this stage.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

TheLacus wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:19 pm The position of a location calculated at line 1048 of StreamingWorld is not the one assigned to the transform. Not sure how location layout works, is scene position accessible somewhere? I can make the same calculations again but i think there is an easier way to get from location instance to terrain position. If not, may be useful to store it in a field?
Here's how the location transform is calculated currently.

Code: Select all

[1049] float height = terrainInstance.SampleHeight(pos + terrainArray[terrain].terrainObject.transform.position);
[1056] locationObject.transform.position = terrainArray[terrain].terrainObject.transform.position + new Vector3(0, height, 0);
The location is a separate gameobject not parented to the terrain, just the transforms are aligned so the location is in right spot. Everything in location is parented to the location parent.

What would be more useful for your mod, the location transform or the terrain transform?