[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Nystul

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Nystul »

I am pretty sure the archaeologists guildhall won't show up on automap right now due to the recent changes in the discovery mechanism. I just want to state here that I am working on a solution. What would do the trick is if you could check for a residence via buildingKey if that building is a guildhall. So what would be awesome would be if there is a function that could be overriden when deriving a new Guild from Guild class that would return that info (I am thinking of int[] buildingKeys GetGuildHallBuildingKeys()) - or does the mod inject Archaeologists factionID into buildingdata?
edit: thought a bit more about it - best way for mods would be to update buildingdata of building and change type to guild

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's why I mentioned it was probably easiest just to revert my previous stance on hiding the non functional residences. You'll always be fighting stuff people can do with mod system. I'm happy if you just want to let names fall through from the discovery system and save yourself a bunch of engineering. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I just figured out Archeologists guildhall will show up anyway, because Hazelnut exactly did the mentioned thing above to change building type - we should be fine

just guilds that are hidden like thieves guild and db needs special handling but even then solution would be to change building type

I know that you foreseen these kinds of problems ;) but you were also right with filtering for string "Residence" being bad :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm glad things are working. Good news then!

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

@Hazelnut: I am renaming DaggerfallAutomap.cs into Automap.cs and DaggerfallAutomap class into Automap as well as DaggerfallExteriorAutomap.cs into ExteriorAutomap.cs and DaggerfallExteriorAutomap class into ExteriorAutomap with next pull request
you might need to update some code (related to the locator device) in your Archaeologists mod due to the changed class names
sry about that, but I wanted to do this since more than half a year now so that it matches the naming convention of all the other files/class in this folder

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No problem, trust me I think naming stuff right is very important! TBH I don't think it will affect the Arch mod, but I will check... I also will merge the new quest Jay and do a build.

Sorry for being so absent, my project at work was quiet so I took on a new project that is critical and time-sensitive and then, of course, the original project had some issues that had to be dealt with. This has meant a lot of extra work hours and no way to delay doing it. :D What free time I have had, been playing games (Long Dark & Subnautica) to decompress.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Take all the time you need to mate. Real life always comes first! :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah! And in any case, your help setting me up with the quest system means I can work practically perpetually. Take your time :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:21 pm Yeah! And in any case, your help setting me up with the quest system means I can work practically perpetually. Take your time :)
Should we start calling you Immortal Jay then? :lol:

I uploaded a new build of the mod last night with your new quest. Let me know if there are any issues, as I did minimal testing. Seemed to work with build #111 though.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:08 pm Should we start calling you Immortal Jay then? :lol: